“Montana Explora - Rio Cubui - An unforgettable experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
El Yunque Rainforest Wilderness Adventure
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Naguabo
More attraction details
Owner description: Take time to escape to heaven on earth. Let the south side of El Yunque Rain Forest captivate you with its lush vegetation, its huge boulders, its cascading rivers and its scenic views. You will be immersed in a wild secluded paradise and mesmerized by Mother Nature's beauty at its best. At the same time you will be fully infused with the vibrating energy of El Yunque's rivers and clean air, just like the indigenous Taino tribe did centuries ago. After hiking through the dense jungle you will be able to hop from boulder to boulder, dive from humongous towering rocks, go rappelling down the river's cascades, see some petroglyphs, playfully slide down smaller boulders and leisurely bathe in the river's cascades, ponds and whirlpools. Nature will be your accomplice in this exhilarating adventure. It will reward you with a sense of accomplishment and a powerful surge of energy, which will be your driving force for days, months and years to come...MultiAdventure One-Day Trips.An Exhilarating Experience1. Hiking in the Rain Forest2. River Trekking3. Rappelling4. Cliff Jumping5. Water Falls6. Swimming7. Whirlpools8. Sliding9. Body Rafting10. PetroglyphsAnd Much More!!!
Iserlohn, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Montana Explora - Rio Cubui - An unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This year my 16 yrs old son, my brother, my sister, and I trusted Ricky Lopez of Montana Explora to guide and lead us through an amazing and unique adventure in El Yunque, Rio Cubui. Before we started our tour, Ricky and his asistant, Luimi, helped us to get ready. Ricky provided each one of us with a helmet, knees and elbows protectors, and some special hiking/water shoes. Once geared up, we took our backpacks full of food and water and off we went into the wilderness of El Yunque, Puerto Rico.

Before this excursion, I was terrified of rappelling. However Ricky's knowledge and experience took my fears away. I agree with other reviewers who have done tours with him. These tours are not for the faint of heart. You will challenge yourself to greatness and complete the tour with a feeling of accomplishment. My fear of rappelling is a thing of the past!!!

This year I did five excursions with Montana Explora and I enjoyed them all!

If you are looking for something different and unique, then, Montana Explora might be the right company for you. Ricky goes at your own pace. He will accommodate your physical needs. His knowledge, experience, and personality will create unforgettable memories for you.

Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tanniaeva

Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Rate Adventure in Puerto Rico’s El Yunque Rain Forest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went yesterday with Ricky Lopez and his assistant Luis to El Yunque for another memorable adventure with Montaña Explora.
This is the second time that my children, my nieces and I go with Ricky to the end of paradise and back. My sister came this time since she missed last year’s excursion but had heard from her daughters about their great adventure and my raving reviews. The kids’ ages range from 11 to 14 years.

Ricky is a very knowledgeable guide, with a great spirit and a lot of patience. He took us to an area of El Yunque Forest that one rarely sees unless you are with someone who knows his way around the unbeaten paths. We hiked down through great flora, hidden plantain trees and huge ferns of great variety to reach the river.

Ricky’s excursions are not for the faint of heart. We saw, jumped and rappelled from great boulders, swan through waterfalls and saw Taino petroglyphs.

Like last year’s excursion to the El Cañon de San Cristóbal, this year’s trip to El Yunque was a unique experience and Montaña Explora made it so. Ricky takes his time with his clients and his tours last as long as the clients’ stamina. It was a day to remember and we all look forward to the next adventure with Montaña Explora.

Visited August 2013