We stayed at Casa Cubuy our second night in Puerto Rico. Definitely arrive before it gets dark, as the road to the ecolodge is very twisty, but the directions on the website are good. We arrived later than we had hoped, but check in was no problem - we rang the bell and within a minute somebody was there to welcome us in. One of the owners met us and told us about the hiking trails on the property that led into the rainforest as well as giving us details on breakfast and anything else we needed to know. Rooms are not fancy - we had a bed, two night stands, an end table, and a couple of chairs; however, you don't need much, because I don't know why anybody would spend much time in their room in this setting. We had a lower level room that looked out onto the rainforest, which was literally steps away from the room, and there were two hammocks outside. These were great, as we spent that evening in the hammocks, reading and listening to the coquis. There are several trails the start on the property that lead into the rainforest, alongside rivers and waterfalls, with pools that are great for swimming. The breakfast the next morning was at 9, and was excellent and plentiful. It also provided a nice way to meet up with some of the other guests and share experiences.
All in all, this was a nice place to stay, and I like the family feel - between breakfast being all together and family style to the honor system of buying beverages in the upstairs common area. If I were to improve on it, I'd do the following (both related to price): 1.) Charge less - it was a bit spendy. 2.) Get rid of the one night fee - we paid an extra charge to only stay one night - $20. I would recommend this, especially for people who are interested in a unique stay in an absolutely stunning setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge is set in the heart of the rainforest.There are common area balconies that overlook the forest. There are eleven guest rooms at the main building and a walled compound with a villa & 3 additional rooms 1/2 mile down the road. Our restaurant is also nearby where dinner of typical Puerto Rican dishes is served. Under the restaurant there is an apartment that sleeps 8 as well as a room for two. both have their own entrance. Its great for bird watching. Peace and tranquility can always be found at Casa Cubuy. Go ahead; be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Casa Cubuy Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Hotel Naguabo
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Puerto Rico/Naguabo