As long as you know what you are getting into, you won't be too disappointed. It is a wonderful location and the hikes from the lodge are excellent. The rooms and the vibe leave something to be desired.
First, yes, the rooms are bare. But hey its the rainforest, and its super humid and would be silly to have a lot of furniture. Bathroom and room were very clean. The rest of the building could use a power wash. Ironically the one day we were there (and trying to relax and enjoy the forest) they were powerwashing part of it....!
Second, as we were planning to do a 10-12 mile hike, I was looking forward to the breakfast. Fruit, yogurt and 2 pancakes wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Whole wheat toast, eggs and fruit would have been better. The fruit was good but it cannot sustain me for a whole morning!
This place could be 10x cooler if the restaurant which is .5 miles down the road was in the lodge. We would have liked to drink some beer and chat with the other guests and hang out in the awesome common area.
My husband got an awesome night's sleep to the sound of frogs. I did not do so well...
We also did not go to the north side of El Yunque so cannot speak to how the south side is as compared to the north. However, we really enjoyed our hikes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge is set into the mountain with a large balcony that overlooks the forest. There are ten guest rooms and a villa down the road. Its great for bird watching. Peace and tranquility can always be found at Casa Cubuy. Go ahead; be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Cubuy Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Hotel Naguabo
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Puerto Rico/Naguabo