I read all of the reviews and felt I had a proper expectations set in my mind, but the Rainforest Fruit Farm was quite a bit more memorable that I expected!! Memorable can carry multiple connotations! :-) Here was our experience.
- Arrived near dusk (our fault and bad decision). We parked along the road and started walking up the steep driveway. It was incredibly slippery and we had fun sliding and spinning our "wheels".
- When we got to the top, there was a sign to ring the bell for service. The bell was a big saw blade that you whacked with a stick. Wow! There was lots of junk but this was expected.
- Robin was gone, but a friend was taking care of it. He came out and proceeded to give us very large walking sticks. "You will need these!" We were all wondering why. We soon found out...
- We proceeded to carry our belonging up the high through the dark and thick grass. Every now and then our guide said to watch your footing as it drops off.
- The cabin was as I expected. Non-working toilet and shower, but there was a spigot that worked. My brother & sister-in-law slept in on the bed and my wife slept out on the hammocks which was a mistake. Very uncomfortable and cold, but quite memorable!
- My favorite part was waking up and eating a star-fruit that could be reached from the deck. However, I was quite disappointed the "fruit farm" aspect. There were a few mango trees, the star fruit tree but not much else. Overall, it was memorable but not worth the money!!
Camping on Culebra was a much more amazing experience. I wouldn't recommend this camping experience.
- Also Known As:
- Rainforest Fruit Farm Puerto Rico/Naguabo