“Great view, food is good but view is better”

Los Mako’s Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in Naguabo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best lobster I have ever had! Amazing restaurant near the ocean. I had Garlic Lobster (unbelievable!), and those I dined with had lobster salads as well as conch. They also had a fresh fruit punch that was very good. Hard to find online - only found it on a competitive travel site :) referred to in a B&B review.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Note: Mako, Makito & Maqito are all the same place.

The view is excellent here, upstairs at the beach and you can sit outside or inside. Not a fancy restaurant, but some of the prices are fancy. Ask about which items are local (the day we were there, one of the 3 main fish available, the lobster & the octopus). If you want lobster, go with the lobster 'fritters' - a good amount of lobster and less than $5 (the whole lobster was more than we would pay in the US, $40 for a 2-pounder). The octopus in garlic was quite tasty ($16 or $18-most fish entrees are in the $15-20 range). You can also get pork chops (a relative bargain on the menu). Full bar, limited wine choices. Kids at the next table had a blast watching the large fish in the water right below the restaurant.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here twice, and each time ordered the lobster - once in a salad with lemon and oil and once broiled in its shell. It is by far the best lobster I have had in Puerto Rico. This lobster is larger and more meaty than Main Lobster.

This restaurant feels like a hidden gem. Native Puerto Ricans brought me here and I did not see a single tourist. It's a basic restaurant, nothing fancy, but the food is fresh and tastes great.

I can't forget to mention the view of the ocean. Come on an afternoon and stay to watch the sunset.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Food not tasty, without any puertorrican flavor. Fish does not feel like fresh fish. There is more better places around the.island.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I Went to El Mako after several friends recommended it. I had red snapper which although fresh had no seasoning. It was tasteless. It also had too much frying oil. It was apparently taken from the frying pan right to the plate. I could have cocked that fish at home.

I'm not sure if it was the lack of seasoning but the food had a strong raw fish smell... not good. My wife could barely smell it much less eat it. The sides were very forgettable mofongo and tostones.

The tables were dirty with salt spilled by the people who had just eaten there. We had to tell the waitress to clean the table!! The waitress was friendly but obviously not a professional.

This is the only place in the area with good parking space and air conditioning which makes it somewhat better than the rest in the "malecon" (but that is not saying much).

The target audience is mainly locals and bikers during Sundays so it gets packed! I don't see myself going back to this place. As much as I wanted this to be a hidden gem... it is not. With so many good options in PR I will sadly have to say - avoid.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The restaurant is clean, local food, next to the sea and pleasent service. The lobster is king and if you order the Mako lobster, it will be filed with conch, shrimp and other sea food. Excellent food, pleasent service and family atmosphere. The parking area was very good and with security. The three people with me all had lobster in different sauces and they all enjoyed theirs. I had a Capitan fish which was just excellent, maybe one of the best I have ever eaten. The pastelillos de Chapin and Lobsters were so good, we bought frozen to take home.