“Nice room”

Ranked #1 of 3 Munslow B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Nice room”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The room was clean, the bed comfy and the Landlady couldn't have been more helpful. My only frustration was that breakfast was only served from 9-9:30 on Sunday. Not great when we left at 8am.

That said the landlady did leave us some orange juice and a croissant so I can't complain to much.

Would stay there again if I was in town, although would try and get out of including the breakfast in the price.

Room Tip: Go upstairs. Because its an old building you can hear people walking around downstairs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great hospitality, lovely food, clean and comfortable rooms. A hidden gem, ideal for a relaxing break. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dereham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Last year I spent two nights by myself at the Crown Country Inn and was impressed with the standards of accommodation and of the food but I had been in a rush and unable to really enjoy it to the full. I was interested to see if it would stand up to the scrutiny of a return visit, with the eagle eyes of my wife and two friends. The place passed this most demanding test with flying colours. The real secret of the CCI is the attention to detail that you get when the owners of the business are also the principal performers. Jane juggles all the front of house issues with calm and charm but nothing escapes her attention. Richard's cooking is well worth the visit and his breakfast is worth the visit in itself. The menu shows a long list of local suppliers, but when we commented on the exceelnce of the sausages and black pudding we found that Richard had made them himself. The wine list has well priced house wines and also a good selection of interesting bottles including white and red from the welsh winery Glyndwr.
My friends emailed me after the weekend to emphasise how much they enjoyed staying here. It is a restaurant which still retains the feeland atmosphere of a pub. The rooms are first rate and the value is fantastic. I have now stayed at the pub alone and in a party and rate it among the very top places to stay.

Room Tip: There are just three rooms " are doubles and one twin so book early. For a double, the Yellow r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JohnfisherNorfolk
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Always super food with helpful attentive staff.I had the chicken dish on offer which was cooked to perfection,with the addition of lovely fresh vegetables.A place to visit where you can always be assured of wonderful food and service

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elaine H
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2012

What a fantastic night out this turned out to be! My wife had told me about this place on several occasions, and her great reviews had always left my mouth watering, so we decided to go ahead and book up for my birthday. WOW! What a night! To start with, Jane and her team were fantastic hosts and made us both feel very welcome. The restaurant itself was cosy, warm and romantic, a perfect setting for an intimate night out! The food, once again, WOW! Generous portions of perfectly cooked food, I chose the duck for my main and it was the best I have ever tasted, while my wife who is a vegetarian, had the potato and mushroom crostini, which looked and tasted excellent! Then came the deserts! What a selection! Due to the generous portions, my wife could not manage a sweet, but I was determined to try it all! In the end I chose the "ultimate indulgence", which was a medley of deserts on one plate, which includes an espresso, a great finish to a great meal! Many thanks to Richard and the other kitchen team who gave me such a memorable birthday, and we are looking forward to going back on my wife's birthday very soon!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Always worth the drive out from Bridgnorth to enjoy a meal at The Crown. Jane and her team are always very welcoming and knowledgable about the changing menu and specials that Richard (a Masterchef) and his team are creating in the kitchen. Ate there Saturday night and there wasn't a spare table either downstairs or in the upstairs restaurant either. All 4 or us polished off our meals. There were amuse-bouche on the table as we sat down which is a lovely touch. Excellent starter of fried gurnard with mushy peas and potato straws was a great twist on classic fish and chips! For mains you are spoilt for choice too be it venison, rib eye, belly pork or duck. I went for the Duck (roast breast and confit leg served with potato cake and braised red cabbage.....) which was quite stunning. Oodles of extra veg was provided too. After some irrestible deserts home made shortbread and fudge peices turned up with the coffee. Good sensibly priced wine list and two well kept ales on hand pull too, but it's the food you come for really.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed March 3, 2012

A phone call at fairly short notice and they squeezed us in for a table for two which was kind. Lovely warm welcome, relaxed atmosphere. Ate in the upstairs dining room that had a lovely roaring fire, great atmosphere and lovely individual tables giving it a homely feel. There are some steep steps up to this part of the inn, so if visiting with family/friends who have problems walking then request a table downstairs. The table setting was lovely, the pre-dinner nibbles (free) yummy. The food was excellent, portion of the main course, possibly for some might be verging a tiny bit on the small size, but the quality and flavours were superb - the portions were probably fine, I probably just would have liked more! Coming from the Home Counties, I thought the prices were very reasonable considering the quality. This was fine dining in a rural setting. Many congratulations.
Note: Did not stay here, but Trip Advisor will not let me deselect the sleep quality option!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munslow
The Castle Hotel
#2 of 11 in Bishops Castle
The Clive
The Clive
#1 of 1 in Bromfield

Been to The Crown Country Inn? Share your experiences!