We went to the Fountain in Ingbirchworth on Easter Saturday night; it’s about six years since we last went for a meal and by the atmosphere of the pub and the cost of the sweets it will be another six years before we go again. We arrived at the Fountain at around 07.30 pm where there were no more than four couples in the entire pub/restaurant. The meals were very basic and the vegetables were only half cooked. We did complain but we got the usual sorry. We ordered sweets which were very basic apple crumble and three scoops of ice cream (£4.50 each) for this type of basic pub restaurant. The atmosphere was poor and quite, at 09.30pm when we left we were the last couple in the Fountain the doors were closed behind us and only staff was left in the pub.
I would suggest that the management take a look at the competition where they are offering two meals for £10.00 in this recession and better quality meals.
Sorry Fountain but you need to pull your socks up not your prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly traditional country inn set in beautiful countryside. All returning & new guests will be greeted with a warm welcome and assured of a luxurious break away from home. Close to the Peak District National Park and well renowned for being located within "last of the summer wine" country . Within 20 minutes guests can easily reach Wakefield, Barnsley and Sheffield. Whatever your occasion, you are sure to find a 'warm welcome' from us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Fountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fountain Hotel Ingbirchworth
- The Fountain Inn Ingbirchworth, Yorkshire