“Excellent food, good service”
Review of The Brinsop

The Brinsop
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Westhoughton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food is excellent- great quality, lots of choice, all cooked fresh.
Great lunchtime menu with gluten free options available -choice of lots of gluten free breads at lunchtime

1  Thank reviews4

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Cannot praise the quality of the food served here ...all ridiculously large portions but absolutely delicious..the staff are extremely attentive and give you enough time between courses,and very polite.. Nothing is too much trouble I wanted a starter as a main course and no hesitation it was done.. We having been coming every week for a number of weeks and have come no where near to trying all the menu... Can't wait for next week

1  Thank Joanne E
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Currently here with my grandparents. They had fish and chips, which seemed to be okay, and I went for 'faitas' , which turn out to be a version of fajitas. The sour cream was not sour cream at all, and was actually dessert cream (similar to what you'd find in a profiterole.) The salsa was also dreadful: it was made using tomato sauce? As a young teenage girl I am certainly no food critic, but this was simply dreadful. The guacamole looked the part, but was unbelievably bland. The beef was OK, but the size of the tortillas was ridiculous in comparison to the size of the cuts of meat. Staff are also very inattentive, which would be acceptable if it was busy, but there was only around 4-6 maximum tables eating ? The music is also the least atmospheric I have heard (tacky acoustic Madonna covers- a weepy version of 'Like a Virgin' really is not what I wanted with my lunch), the bass is far too loud in comparison to the other parts and is very irritating for hearing aid users.
Overall, it is very average and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with an idea of good food.

2  Thank jlilyy
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Called in this lunchtime for a bite to eat. Unfortunately my husband was unwell so it was a little rushed. I had the hot beef sandwich which was the best I have tasted anywhere. What a great find this place is. We will return very soon for a more relaxed lunch.

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a nice pub, you can eat 2 different menus, the restaurant or bar menu and can eat both in the restaurant, which has nicely spaced out tables, quite a reasonable menu, good food, wine is pricey. Staff very pleasant, overall a nice experience.

1  Thank Valueformoney124
TheBrinsop, Manager at The Brinsop, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you very much for your review and comments - we have a good selection of wines by the glass, large glasses as well as by the bottle at £16.95, this is in addition to our premium selection of reds, whites and rose in our bistro menu.

We begin our external building refurbishment work on the 26th May 2014, to remedy the weather beaten look we are currently displaying.

We look forward to seeing you soon and your comments once our refurbishment is complete.

Paul