“Quality”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Westhoughton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent quality food and great atmosphere. Had the sea bass which was excellent. A variety of dishes were consumed on our table, all of which were completed in there entirety!! Best eatery in the area by quite some distance.

Bolton, UK
“A little gem!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am in the favourable position of living just three minutes' walk from this restaurant and count myself extremely fortunate! Both the food and the service are excellent and I would highly recommend the garlic bread with cheese and oregano to start - it's absolutely delicious. We always order a half carafe of the house red wine which is always of a good standard and the menu is wonderful giving a good choice. They do a set menu from 6pm weekdays and at the weekends during the day but as the choice is limited we have never chosen it, however, for many people, it would be fine and is really good value. I highly recommend a visit.

• Visited February 2013
“Outstanding value midweek early bird!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I can't believe there are no reviews for this restaurant on here - so much so I feel compelled to write one now. My colleagues and I have been for the early bird menu on three or four occasions and each time the food and service had been first rate. The last visit they accommodated twelve of us with aplomb. The menu is wide ranging and there is something on there for everyone... The only problem is for just short of a tenner I can't see how they can provide three courses of such high quality. Well done la scala and hope to see you soon.

1 Thank danielnormanwires
Bolton
“birthday meal”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

first time i have been to this restaurant and meal was very nice and just the right price. went with my partner and we both really enjoyed it

• Visited April 2012
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Miserable staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited La Scala having not been for years because of the Sunday lunch deal and because it is close bŷ. We were very pleased with the access for our son who is in a wheelchair but very disappointed with the response to his request. The set menu had soup, prawn cocktail, pâté or melon none of which are extravagant which is fair enough. Our son asked if he could swap one for just garlic bread, the waiter looked as though he had asked for lobster Thermidor and said he would have to ask 'management'. The reply was a resounding NO and we were totally taken aback as this is probably the cheapest offering an Italian restaurant has on the menu. The female staff (1) seemed quite bubbly but the males all looked as though they were about to face a firing squad the following day. Reasonable food and I mean reasonable at a reasonable price. The staff are severely lacking in joy so I doubt we will go revisit. Don't treat bargain hunters as second class citizens La Scala there are a lot of them around these days!