“Great Cakes & Coffee”

amore Coffee and Desserts
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a recommendation from a colleague and not living too far away I thought I would bring my mum for our Sunday afternoon cake treat.

My mum doesn't walk too well but luckily there was a parking space right outside (there's about six) and you drive over the pavement - unfortunately it's at a junction with double yellow lines so otherwise you may have to park around the corner.

The outside doesn't do it justice as once inside it's bright and modern with different seating areas and types.

With so much great local produce it's nice to see somewhere that embraces this as they have a huge choice of Slattery's cakes and Frederick's ice creams. A big drinks selection and fancy chocolate milkshakes for the children (or big children). There's also sandwiches and breakfast items.

My mum went for a Bailey's cheesecake and I had the deluxe chocolate éclair. We tried each others and both were delicious. My mum had a pot of tea and I had a cappuccino wit ha smiley face in the forth - a nice touch.

The staff were friendly and attentive and we will certainly be back.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Came for cake and chat with friend the menu was too tempting and ended up also getting a toastie which was lovely. Cake and coffee was delicious too and service great staff all nice and friendly . Visited the following week with 10 year old (cake loving!) son who absolutely loved it he had rainbow waffle and wanted more ! Will be back again.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I came here for brunch with a friend, and absolutely loved it! I've been meaning to try amore for ages, since I live around the corner. I had a sausage butty for brunch, followed by a delicious Slattery's chocolate orange cake. Great to have soya offered too. The afternoon tea's also looked lovely from the table next to us, and this is a real gem to have in Westhoughton!

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

I have visited a few times and have always experienced good service, great coffee and delicious cake. Last visit I tried the waffle with ice cream and it was fantastic! The cafe is tastefully decorated with comfy chairs and is surprisingly bigger inside than it looks from the outside.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Visited Amore for afternoon tea and it was excellent. The service was first class and the sandwiches and cakes delicious.