“Best coffee in town”

Tacomaya
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Chelem
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Number one Restaurant in Chelem on Trip Advisor. Serving great food at great prices in a funky rustic atmosphere.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Warm with a informal atmosphere. A great place to meet and chat with friends old and new, Great service from Carol, While Paul is in the kitchen cooking great meals from a Maya muffin to a Hangover Burger! They also have great specials on for lunch time, Your coffee cup will never be empty at Taco Maya!
Open from Thurs-Sunday
Paul and Carol at Taco Maya are the best!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've eaten here a few times and everything I've eaten was really good. I love the fish & chips here. If one likes authentic tasting English Fish & Chips this is a great place to go. The restaurant has an eclectic ambiance and is quite cozy. It's THE big expat hangout in these parts and a good place to go if you want to be around & meet english speaking expats in the area. The only drawback is that they arent usually open for dinner.

4  Thank annabella333
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very friendly atmosphere, outdoors, clean, delicious food My fish taco's were as good or better than I remember them from CA, I large portions. I also overheard a mexican lady say her pork was the best she had ever tasted, so thats what I will try next visit.

3  Thank Peter N
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Yes, I wrote best in towns with an "s." Progreso, Chuburna eateries included, Taco Maya is at the top of my list. The food is tasty, served hot, professionally, with a smile. If there is something on the menu you'd like prepared a certain way, just let their friendly server know, they'll dish it up for you. Taco Maya referred by a local builder was the first place we stopped having just arrived off a six-day road trip from CO. They not only served great food with a warm smile and welcome, they turned us on to local beach renters and realtors. The place is packed a good deal of the time. Having lived there 6 months, we finally figured a way to beat the masses but it doesn't last long. Check them out if you're in the area. In fact, I suggest going out of your way for the experience.

5  Thank Pamela C
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was heading to Chuburna Puerto to list a beach home and was starving. Friends had recommended Taco Maya. It was on the way so I stopped. I'm glad I did! First of all there was only one table available when I got there. The place was packed. In fact one lady came in, said hi to the owners and said she be back later when there was a table.

It was just the owners running the place the day I was there - one in the kitchen cooking his heart out and his wife taking orders, serving food and clearing tables. I wasn't in a hurry - so what the heck. But I didn't wait a heart beat and I had a menu and ordered a coke. It came and I asked for the fish tacos. They also arrived promptly, despite the crowd.

The tacos were perfect! Fried golden crunchy outside - soft, tender, flaky and juicy inside. Big pieces of super fresh fish on three tortillas with a little shredded cabbage and red onion. I dolloped on some of the great mayo sauce and spicy tomato sauces folded them up and dug in! Yowzer! They were excellent! In addition, my plate had a portion of re-fried beans and white rice. This is how I like re-fried beans! More of a Tex-mex style - smooth (not runnny) and srinkled with grated cheddar. Yummy!

I left completely full and happy. The owners were extremely nice and polite and apologized for the wait - which there wasn't any - but they we're running so hard they probably thought there was.

I will definitely be back!

3  Thank miguelsmexico