Manapouri Lakeview Motor Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$36
$30
Agoda.com
Red Tussock Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$96
$83
Agoda.com
Arran Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$86
$77
Agoda.com
Lakeside Motel & Apartments(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$80
ASURE Amber Court Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$79
$74
$131
Aden Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$78
$65
Agoda.com
Anchorage Motel Apartments(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$74
$69
Agoda.com
Edgewater Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$75
$69
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake manapouridoubtful soundnight staygreat viewvenisonbudget accommodationthe pubattached restaurantfront rowblue codstayed one nighttwo nightsbit datedcooking facilitiesacross the roadbed was comfortablea great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hi. I decided to take my son on a road trip to the west coast over Christmas. We were in holiday mode so for this I had to choose a night stay that would help relieve the feeling of "hustle and bustle" . I had reviewed trip advisor to seek suitability of the accommodation with no apprehension. I would normally study a premise first but I didn't this time I read one review.. I already had a good feeling about this place. I made a call and reserved a room. The lady on desk was polite and her enthusiasm was good. On arrival I was greeted by the same reservationists, she was polite and informative. I went to the room allocated to us. On first impression the room was very small. That didn't matter we weren't staying for a week. The view was Magnificent I couldn't ask for any better. The beds were okay nothing to write home about I don't have any complaints. My overall opinion of the premise was Good. Very clean! Thank you. There is no cutlery to make breakfast lunch or dinner so you will need to find cafe or restaurant for that they do have.

Room Tip: Lake front
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
manapouri, Owner at Manapouri Lakeview Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am please d that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We would absolutely recommend a stay at the Manapouri Lakeview Motor Inn. The staff that checks you in is above and beyond helpful. We could not believe how much useful information Pascale offered us when we arrived. So glad we took her suggestion to do the Circle Track and go with Mike on the boat transfer. Pascale is a gem of a staff member, and she truly provided the best customer service we received anywhere during our one month trip to NZ. Thank you Pascale! Annette was also very helpful and we appreciated her smiling suggestions. The motel room was clean and we appreciated the table and two chairs out front our door that we ate at while enjoying the view of the lake. We can't give the property a 5/5 rating because the food in the restaurant was over-priced. The food itself was delicious (kudos to their chef!), but the owner charges too much for the breakfast and dinner mains. We suggest bringing food from Te Anau to keep in your fridge. We didn't get a good impression from the owner of the property. He seemed quite conceited, so that's another tick off the full 5 stars rating. But, his staff was wonderful! This is a great place to stay the night before your Doubtful Sound cruise. Try to stay over a Saturday night and catch the live band. A big thumbs up and cheers to the excellent band Little Green Men. We loved dancing to you guys! Happy New Years!!

Room Tip: The row of rooms lining the main road have excellent views!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

A decent room, with a wonderful location. But our mattress was unbelievably uncomfortable. I would never stay there again without a guarantee of a new mattress. What else can I say? Avoid this place if you can.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adam f
manapouri, Owner at Manapouri Lakeview Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel. Could you please let me know which room/ Bed it was that you slept in so that we can investigate this further.
In future if you have specific maintenance / equipment issues it is helpful to let front desk know. Rather than write is as a review.
Regards
Inger

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The view right outside all of the rooms was stunning.

The rooms were very clean and we really enjoyed our quiet stay at Lake Manapouri.

I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the area.

There is not much else around though so bring your own dinner or eat before you get there or you'll have to drive 20 min each way to go back to Te Anu to eat.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. Were you unaware that we have a Bar and Café with quite a selection for food options?
We are the only late night restaurant in Manapouri ( open till 900-9.30pm), 7 days per week or
The local shop/ café is open 7am to 6.30pm 7 days per week. Where you can buy food or ready made meals.
Regards
Inger

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I Spent one night here as part of a tour group.
There is a well stocked bar and lounge on the premises, as well as a restaurant.
This was the main haunt of the workers when the Manapouri power station was being built.
Access to internet is through a coin operated PC.It was out when I visited.
Great view of the lake and mountains, short walk down to the lake.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank odobenus

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.