Punakha is about four hours from Paro and is often the night halt location for those heading further into the country-side at a leisurely pace. This hotel therefore serves as an overnight halt to many passing tourists, especially since it is just off the main road. However, if you happened to spend longer you would not regret it. The river flows silently by this hotel. The staff speaks English which is a big help. The internet (wi-fi) has reasonable speeds by in-country standards but as now only available in the dining area.
The rooms are large and well-maintained. There are a number of tourists sites around this town -- two famous dzongs, the fertility temple, etc. -- all in easy driving distance from here.
I spent almost a week here in August and I felt that I had not been here long enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punatsangchhu Cottages is located midway from Wangdue & Punakha valley, spread over 18 acres. Our hotel is overlooking the Punatsangchhu River & also has a great view of Chimmy Lakhang & the new planned town. Punatsangchhu has a great team of well trained staff & will make you feel very much at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and BhutanBookings so you can book your Punatsangchhu Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punatsangchhu Cottages Hotel Wangdue
- Punatsangchhu Cottages Bhutan/Wangdue