During my stay there was no electricity as there was an overload with too many guests using it. So for a 4* hotel I ended up with electricity been shut off whilst I was having a shower in the dark and the room was in total darkness most of the time I was there in the night.
The public areas were also so dimly lit that one can have a fall any time and there are no torches in the rooms either for emergency. The candles were provided when the whole hotel was in total darkness and then they did not have matches to light it up!!
The food in the restaurant was terrible ....cold food and no variety. I was so glad to leave this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punatsangchhu Cottages is located midway from Wangdue & Punakha valley, spread over 18 acres. Our hotel is overlooking the Punatsangchhu River & also has a great view of Chimmy Lakhang & the new planned town. Punatsangchhu has a great team of well trained staff & will make you feel very much at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and BhutanBookings so you can book your Punatsangchhu Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punatsangchhu Cottages Hotel Wangdue
- Punatsangchhu Cottages Bhutan/Wangdue