“I wish this was closer to home”
Review of Shepherds Inn - CLOSED

Shepherds Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stumbled upon this pub on our way to the lakes, we were looking for somewhere to have lunch and it looked ok. We were given a nice welcome on arrival and were shown to a table. I was immediately impressed when I saw the waitress spraying any vacated tables with disinfectant spray and giving them a good clean. I had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with veg, the Yorkshire pudding was nice and crispy and there was a generous portion of beef. Veg was cooked to perfection and everything was piping hot, my husband had a baguette which came with chips and the plate was overflowing. I must say that if this pub was closer to where I live, I would make it my local. I will definitely visit again if I am passing that way. In fact, it turned out to be the best meal of our entire holiday.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nice original and varied menu with generous portions and very cheerful and welcoming hostess. A pleasant evening with friends who enjoy good food and a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My first visit to the Shepherds Inn was back in the early 1980's during the inns heyday. For many years the same couple had ran the inn as a gastro-pub (before the invention of the term) and the place was usually heaving. On their retirement the inn was taken over by a pub-chain, and the popularity crashed.

For the last 12-months the inn has been under new management, and I'm gland to say, is returning to its previous popularity.

We ate here one night on our cycling holiday and had a very nice meal and drink. The slow-roast lamb was to die for.

Time will tell if the Shepherds Inn can recover its past glory, but we wish the new folk well.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here for some food & to say it was amazing was an understatement.. Fantastic food, fantastic service & the Doom Bar ale was just perfect.. Would defo go back & have already recommended it to friends & family.. 5 stars from me..

1  Thank Bud5uk
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The bar person behind the bar today was extremely rude, his attitude towards paying customers was appalling and they appeared to have no concept of the word hospitality.

1  Thank Zebbedee