“Super seafood”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Had a tremendous evening meal, our starters of posh prawn cocktail, followed by Irish oysters, then whole Dover sole and a trio of lobster were excellent. Not cheap, about £110 incl tips and a bottle of wine, but well worth it for that special occasion.

1  Thank Kevin A

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our second visit to the Heifer and we weren't disappointed. The name and decor are something which could easily put you off but looks can be deceiving- the food is great! Good quality home cooked food with great service. The bonus being dogs are permitted- hoorah! The fish and chips are amazing- the pile of 5 chips don't look like much but some of the best, most flavoursome and filling chips I've ever eaten-OMG! There aren't many other places in the area as lovely as this. If you like good food and friendly service go here!

3  Thank F00dieJC
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great character-ful country pub serving excellent food, stunningly quirky boutique rooms and a very warm Yorkshire welcome. Cannot praise this hotel/pub highly enough.

2  Thank TheDuchessManchester
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant a few years ago and ate meat despite the fact that it is a seafood restaurant. It was very good and I promised myself that I would return and try the fish for which it had made its name.
I took my mother for an evening meal recently and was very pleased with our experience. The reception was very good - knowledgable staff. The seating a tables were comfortable although a too little close to each for my liking.
We both opted for starters followed by fish dishes (their famous fish and chips and lobster three ways). Very happy with our choices.
Couldn't find any room for dessert but looking at and listening to people sat around us I would suggest that they are as good as the rest of the menu.
I will be back.

3  Thank Ray C
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate in the restaurant and actually stayed on the premises. It is beautiflly kept and furnished the staff were excellant and the meals throughout mouthwartering and the atmosphere so welcoming with anything taken into consideration

2  Thank arthur r