“Lovely Lunch”

Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Audresselles
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went over to France for the day and headed down to Chez Mimi - we were not disappointed. The food was gorgeous - snails, mussels, skate, shrimps, steak - all lovely. Staff were very patient as we tried to converse in French. All in all a great lunch at a great restaurant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

There is nothing like the fresh sea-food at the french costal places. I do special weekends overthere to enjoy it.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I like "Chez Mimis"!! My late wife loved eating here and, indeed, the restaurant even got a mention at her Requiem!!

I spent a day in France doing shopping for essential items, of the red and white variety, and needed somewhere for lunch. As usual, the visit to the restaurant was preceded by the very short walk to the end of the street to visit "what the English are impertinent to call their English Channel"!!! to blow any cobwebs away! On arrival, rather windswept, both Monsieur et Madame were hugely welcoming and, on a cold day, sat me at a table by a radiator!

I'm very happy to say that the Sea-food was absolutely excellent. Neither Monsieur or either of the two waitresses speak English but that didn't stop them being attentive to my needs. I had a small sea-food starter and then the 'mijoute de chef' - rather like a 'marmite' but with crab, prawns, langoustines, mussles, sea-snails in a large cooking pot and a magnificent boullion - just the thing for a very cold day and served piping hot. The waitress, if you order this, even comes and attaches a 'bib' around your neck to prevent spillage on your clothes!!!

The other recommended restaurant in Audresselles, 'La Marie Galante', was closed - I'm glad because, after my last review of 'Mimis' I might have been tempted to try it! Going back to Mimis was like reaquainting with an old friend who one had lost touch with!!

2  Thank DrSL
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have had some wonderful meals here and have always recommended the restaurant highly to my friends and have been so impressed I have written reviews. However, traveling back from the South, we stopped here, as usual, for our final 'fruits de mer' before returning to the UK.

The food wasn't good. I had a decent hot starter but the 'Plateau de Fruits de Mer was poor. The crab tasted awful! Simply the seafood was not fresh.

The staff were, as usual, friendly enough but they also knew that what they were serving wasn't really to the usual standard.

They tell me that the other restaurant in Audresselles is, supposedly, superb - perhaps its time to try somewhere else!!

5  Thank DrSL
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We have eaten here a few times mainly lunches but this time an early supper before taking the tunnel. We had the standard fruit de mer followed by skate. Sadly the seafood was days old the locals would never eat it as usual it was full of Belgian tourists. Compared with three years ago the economic crunch now shows it all looks tired and there are better places in the village

3  Thank billyelton