“Perfect base to explore area or simply relax”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
SimonW49
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect base to explore area or simply relax”
Reviewed September 9, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

A warm welcome awaits and the gites are clean and spacious, idea for a family. The pool is large, clean and warm! Plenty of sun loungers and a fig tree for a snack. Friendly village shop a couple of minutes away and large supermarket only 10 minutes down the road. The village has a fantastic vineyard on its door step, check it out - Maison Ventenac (you heard it here first)
Will certainly be staying again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, pool and lovely owners
Liked least: Went too quickly
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
Eileen T
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pluses and some minuses”
Reviewed May 13, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My husband and I and three friends stayed here. The owner was very helpful in booking and confirming restaurant reservations, and the site was as described with comfortable beds. In spite of directions the owner sent, the place was very difficult to find and has no sign. The owner was out of the country when we arrived, the house number where she said to ring didn't have a bell, and, after very loud knocking, an extremely old neighbor eventually opened the door and initially seemed confused about who we were. If I didn't speak very good French, it would have been very difficult. Compared with other places we've stayed, the site was poorly supplied (no soap, for example), and the instruction binder was mostly does and don'ts with no information on, for example, wifi or the swimming pool cover. Most aggravating was that wifi didn't work at all, and the owner's attitude after she finally responded to several texts was that it wasn't her problem; it was an act of God. The apartment next to us was rented to a group of 10+ young adults with 3 or 4 barking dogs. As we were gone most of the time, it wasn't a problem for us, but would have been for some people. All hosts, on other sites as well as yours, should be required to state how many flights of stairs are involved. No one handicapped could have stayed here. They should also be required to provide maps to their location with an indication of where groceries can be purchased, closest cafe and restaurant and, if there is public transportation which this site did not have, where the nearest stop(s) is and how to use it.

Liked best: Comfortable beds for 5
Liked least: No wifi
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups People with pets
Jun 11, 2015
We thank all travellers who take time to place a review with valid and honest criticism and like to respond honestly and directly to any review with issues so all of our readers can know how conscientious we are :-)

We're sorry this guest didn't like some aspects of our rental especially when they sent me an email after they left, saying how much they’d enjoyed their stay.

This is going to appear petty (not my style at all), but in view of this guests comments, I will answer one by one.

I think most people use the GPS / Maps in their smartphone to find us. The directions I systematically send out are very precise and people who use them mostly congratulate me on their precision. I'm against the proliferation of signs on the roads in the country. We have a sign with our name on it on the wall as you arrive… I don’t know why this guest didn’t see it... perhaps it’s too small.

There is a doorbell just under the house number next to the gate… again this is the first time a guest has not seen either the sign or the doorbell

My French husband (who speaks good English but with a strong accent!) gave this guest their “welcome tour” - this is not an unusual event. He offered to speak in English, but the guest said they were more than happy with French, but I realise that they must have missed much of what he said, otherwise they would have understood his profuse apologies for lack of wifi as well as info about the pool cover.

This guest sent me ONE email asking for the wifi code which I replied to, again apologising profusely….I am fully aware of how annoying it can be not to have an internet connexion and again it’s certainly not my style to make the kind of comments they said I made this is their interpretation only.

I’m not sure what this guest means about “poorly supplied… soap et etc”, compared to most places, we offer a unique balance of location, amenities, etc. Everybody loves a 5 star resort more than a 3 star, but that doesn't make us over rated in our category, location and price range. so we stand by happy to serve the guests who do the homework and decide we will be the right choice for them (this guest paid 210 euros for 5 people for 3 nights - that makes just 15 euros/pers/night :-)

The next door apartments were rented to a group of 6 people with 2 dogs. Again in the email the guest sent me after their stay, they said how delightful this group of people were and that they’d been invited to a barbecue in the garden by them. Yes, I’m afraid the dogs did bark as they were left in the apartment on their own on one occasion. We asked the owners not to leave the dogs on their own again which they complied to straight away.

If you llok at our ads, you’ll see we do not advertise ourselves as handicap/elderly friendly, For our readers, there are 8 steps leading up to the gites which are on the first floor as the building is built on a slope (no steps once inside). As a previous guest once mentioned «I'm 70 years old and anyone who finds the steps too much for them should be checking into a hospital”…

The “instruction binder” contains not only “advice” about the best way to make the most of your stay, but also the opening times of the local shop, the nearest supermarket and a list of the nearby restaurants with phone numbers (and a note at the end saying we’ll book restaurant tables for you if required) although this guest had already sent me an email the week before arrival, asking me to phone 4 restaurants to confirm bookings and recommend another…. which I did and which the guest thanked me for!

We only give details of public transport to guests who don’t come by car (about 1%) There is no point in putting this information in the “instruction binder” as it has to be updated regularly and very few people actually need it.

Again, my very humble apologies for any misunderstandings which I think were due to a lack of communication. We DO listen to any of our guests’ issues and try to act accordingly.

During welcome tours we ALWAYS say that if guests have an issue during their stay, we’ll do our best to resolve it there and then, ‘just ask for Jenny or Daniel’.

Happy travelling.
CarolineC...
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed May 6, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely time here in March, the apartment was everything we hoped for and more. Well located for visiting Carcassone and the castles, Canal du Midi, we did a lot of cycling, walking. The Gite was lovely, sunny and warm and had everything we needed. 100% recommend!

Families with young children People with pets
May 7, 2015
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back.
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 29, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hosts hospitality, all kind of facilities (washing machine, ironing, barbecue possibility...), garden, pool.
Traveling group: Con mi pareja
Families with young children People with pets
Niallmc29
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great location and property”
Reviewed September 25, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

We had spent a couple days in a hotel near Toulouse then Montpellier before arriving at this property. It was just what we all needed after being in the two cities. The property is really close to the beautiful city of Carcasonne (10 mins by car) yet a million miles away. There was plenty to do! Chilling by the wonderful pool during the day, visiting the city by night and plenty of other local attractions. The property was clean, roomy with lovely outdoor space great for families and couples alike. Owner Jenny was a wonderful host who could not do enough. I would highly recommend this property.

Traveling group: Extended Family

Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Your age range 35-49
Sep 4, 2014
It was lovely meeting you and I enjoyed our chat together. All the best Jenny
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing