other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sheetalba...
“Excellent property but housekeeper needs to be changed ”
Reviewed February 25, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Captain Joe's villa is a beautiful home away from home nestled in the quiet village Assagao. Around 5 kms away from vagator and anjuna this property offers you a perfect place to relax and unwind.
The property is kept very well and the pool specially is cleaned everyday.

So why such an excellent place gets just a three star rating? I have a list of complains to make
1. We were commited free breakfast. Free breakfast here meant that we had to buy everything from eggs to bread to milk to sugar n they will only cook it for you, which was never done because the housekeeper laxmi will not come before 9 am.
2. Inspite of staying in the same villa The housekeeper laxmi will come only at 9 so if u want a cup of tea or breakfast before that, cook yourself.
3. laxmi once at our service will leave the tea boiling and not come back long enough for the tea to go bad. We also caught her binding the dough with tap water.
4. If you try saying anything to her she will get offended n be rude with u n will keep asking you to call the weekend people.
5. No laundry change for three days in a row.
6. The sheets were never changed. They were always dirty even after housekeeping was done.
7. They have extra beds but no extra quilts. For extra sheets you have to beg to laxmi.
8. The rooms on first floor are too small n share one bathroom. One of the rooms had all the wardrobes chained n it felt more like a store room.
9. There's One TV in the entire villa. Its services were turned on at the end of first day's stay that too after making 5 phone calls.
10. Washing machine was under maintenance. Pool side bathroom was under maintenance during entire stay.
11. Ac remotes werenot working. U need to share one which is working. Ac were leaking too.

Well, an excellent property with no hospitality is what you should expect at captain Joe's.

Management Response
Mar 13, 2016
Please accept a huge thank you from all of us here at The Weekend Plan! We were so happy to hear you loved the villa. All comments are worth reading and learning from, your is surely one of these.
Firstly I would like to personally apologize for the problems you faced. To begin with after reading your review today, I want to share our actions post going through your point.
Point 1 to 6 are based on the resident caretaker Laxmi, action taken is I have suspended Laxmi and sent her on a short holiday to her village and bought in a replacement while we reprogram her and groom her to our and your standards.
Point 7. 4 quilts have been purchased today and will be delivered within the week.
Point 8. Can't change the layout, the chains have been put in by the owner of the villa and yes we have requested her to have them removed ASAP.
Point 9 . The delay in getting TATA services seems to have been the cause, apologies for the same.
Point 10 . Yes the washing machine was under maintenance. A new one has already been installed around 8 days back.
Point 11. Servicing issues, I am addressing them myself via our housekeeping company.

So, although I am sorry for the issues you faced, I promise you future guests including yourself will not face them in the future. I personally guarantee that. I consider it a disaster if a guest does not award us 5 stars in their review. I hope you will give us the opportunity to prove our mettle in the future.

Regards
Satish Dodani
CoFounder & CEO
The Weekend Plan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing