“Location and budget! ”

Sea View Holidays Vagator
mwanza tanzania
“Location and budget! ”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend stay there 10 days we get great price deal for sweet studio apartment with a small kitchen and our own balcony! Its a great location close to everywhere! Wifi wasn't to great on our floor but we could pick up the signal from restaurant next door on our balcony :-) staff was well informed and with a good English a laundry service was really good. Really good deal for vagator. Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pune, India
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Hi,
I had made a booking for two days on arrival at the reception with a guy named Suhel Shabbir , who was the manager there.He called his manager Miland in front of me and committed us an AC room for 2 days . We checked in at 12.30 pm on 3rd of May and were supposed to check out on 4th of May at 9.30 pm. I paid him the full amount in advance.Till the time i have not personally meet MIland , the co-owner, which i thought was not at all important as we generally do not bother to do so, everything was fine.
The bizarre happened when we were going to check out at 8 pm on 4th May, we vacated the room and came downstairs to hand over the key to the manager,then only i found that the guy Suhel Shabbir with whom i had a deal turned out to be a cheater, he straight away refused to have committed to us that we have made the booking till 9.30 pm and asked us to pay for one more day.
But we clearly told Miland about our conversation and finally at the conclusion that it was a mis-communication, we shook hands with Miland and departed from Hotel Sea View towards Mapusa on a rented bike as we had to catch our bus for Pune .
To my great astonishment, we found that Miland followed us all the way and in midst of a lonely road overtook us with his four wheeler and asked us to stop.
My wife got very scared as it was a very lonely road and we were in a foreign land,but i stopped near the road to discuss.
There Miland accused me of taking a hotel towel with me and started charging me. I got furious on this and asked him to first confirm with his hotel staff and on my pressuring he confirmed and found that the room service has removed the towel on our absence.
This incident hurted me a lot and i told him on his face that i would never prefer to stay on a hotel like this nor i would recommend anyone to do so.
So, i am sharing my experience with you all , please be very careful before checking in such a hotel. You would find thousands of hotel in Goa .
Please donot check in such a hotel that would spoil your whole vacation.
Thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 1310Traveller1310
milindmayenkar, Owner at Sea View Holidays Vagator, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Hi 1310Traveller1310,

I am extremely sorry for the unfortunate turn of events.

In my ten years of career in the hospitality business, I have never encountered a situation like this before and our reviews stand testimony to our credentials.

At the outset, I would like to correct some facts. You did not Check In for two days, rather you paid for one day and asked for a delayed Check out by 3 PM to which I agreed. But you chose to extend your stay and finally checked out only by 9 PM without any intimation either to me or the staff.
I consider it fully justified to ask for rentals of the next day, a practise which is followed by every hotel across the globe.

Going out of our way, we did not charge you for the next day despite the delayed check out by TEN HOURS FROM COMMITTED TIME!! think it highly speaks of our principle wherein we firmly believe in leaving no stone unturned to satisfy our customers.

Coming back to the concern in question, additionally, to our great disappointment, we discovered that few essentials provided in the room like towels were missing. It is only imperative to enquire about missing properties, unless, of course its a freebie.

Funnily though, you were scared as I kept sitting in my car thoroughout our polite conversation of me asking you about the lost items. Should I also add, we still haven't recovered the missing towels...

We have no hidden costs and the rentals we charge are most reasonable and all inclusive. Expecting an extended stay for ten hours without proper intimation when the season is very much on is something a courteous traveller like you should have avoided.. Though we did try to make your stay comfortable and even went out of our way to procure medicines for you in the middle of the night, I wish we could have met your expectations better.

I do regret the unfortunate turn of events. Finally, we wish you more happy travels and adventures!

Best of Luck!

Milind
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This place is ran by a really cool staff. They are there for your every need. There is free wifi and laundry service. Our place was a 2 bed room apartment. Tile floors, A/C, dual baths and a large kitchen. Moped rental can be arranged by the staff.
Directly across from the Sea View is a good bar/restaurant. Beers are cold and cheap! The beach is a 5 min walk or a 2 min ride on your scooter.
Vagator is a quite town. It is very small, but there is a lot going on, especially late night.
When you are looking for a good meal, go to Eat Street. Tell both the owner of Eat Street and Sea View that Tobin and Lori said Namaste.

Room Tip: Bring your own master pad locks for your hotel doors as you travel India. Dont drink the water, don...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tobin H
Arbon, Switzerland
Reviewed April 23, 2014

friendly staff.....clean rooms! everything is in the near (Restaurants, bakery ect.) i wud stay there again.. i will return at sea view later this year again.very helpful and Kind staff. easy going! Taxi always there .the burner is a Doctor is right on spot!!! i feeled very safe the....!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Solan, India
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed every part goa but i didnt find such best place to live , co-operative and friendly staff in whole goa .Mr milind wos such a helpful and mr shbeer was very attentive .mr kartik odil and chootu were great in cookinn n loundry.mr rajiv was such a great guide .it situated opposite to mangao tree restaurant and around 700 meters far from beach.Besides this travel agent mr jo jo wos very helpul in providing tickets and exchanging money.i must say this is the best place to live in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank pradeepname
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been staying in Sea View for the past decade or so and what can I say, the location is just great (only about 700 meters from the beach), and easy access to the gas station (Petrol Pump), ATMs, Bars and all the happening places in North Goa. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is very helpful and all smiles.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AKN403
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Well 5 years of my continuous trip to Goa and Sea view Holidays never made me feel like I was away from home. While the rooms and services here are absolutely excellent what makes it more special is the heart warming experience and the most amazing hospitality from the staff Milind the "A1" manager and the "cutest" service boy Shabeer. Well the staff here is what makes the hotel stand out, they will make sure that you constantly feel at home. You name it and you will have it at your doorstep. I call sea view more like a "home like hotel" as its definitely a 'home away from home'. Another best part about the hotel is its location, it's centrally located at Vagator, North Goa which makes it easier to get to all the happening party places and beaches in and around Anjuna and Vagator. You have a doctor's clinic and a travel agency in the building itself so it makes it even more convenient for travelers. Also the bike rentals, bar, wi-fi, bakery, restaurants, laundry everything will be available. Well, I guess i can go on and on about Sea View, as for me I love the place and its the only one where I'd like to revisit but I don't want to make this too long so I suggest you hit the place 'Sea View Holidays' and experience the homelike experience yourself. I can guarantee you will not regret. Happy Holidays :-)
Lastly i'd like to thank the manager MIlind, and service boys Shabeer and Habib for their ever so loving hospitality. Can't wait to come back. :-) Thank You so much. Love Roshni.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Orchid2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vagator
Jacks Resort
#6 of 14 in Vagator
Pappi Chulo Hostel
Pappi Chulo Hostel
#2 of 21 in Vagator

Been to Sea View Holidays Vagator? Share your experiences!