LivingRoom by Seasons
Leoney Resort(Vagator)
  • Restaurant
W Goa(Vagator)
View Hotel
All reviewsliving roomvagator beachweek stayexcellent hotelminutes walk awayboutique hotelrestaurants and barsrooms are spaciouspleasant stayhot waterswimming poolspecial mentioncourteous staffbuffet breakfastmango treechapora fortamazing food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel.
1) We booked early April for 4 nights over new year’s eve, at which point they deducted the full payment for the entire length of the stay. About 5 weeks later, in mid-May, I got an email from expedia saying that the hotel could not accommodate my reservation anymore. At this point I got very annoyed – how can you take full payment for a booking and then decide 5 weeks later that you can no longer accommodate such booking? I ended up calling the manager and explaining that I didn’t appreciate being bumped out (perhaps because they got a ‘better, bigger’ booking?) after having already paid in full and having had my reservation confirmed. The manager sorted it out and in the end my reservation was confirmed again but that took a couple of costly phone calls to India and some angry emails.
2) The hotel arranged a pick up from the airport for us (don’t do it, it’s much cheaper to just get a cab from the airport). The guy they had sent was just hanging around elsewhere, I ended up having to call the hotel twice from my UK mobile which cost me more that the transfer itself until we eventually located the driver. (they sent me an email 3 days before arrival with allegedly the telephone number of the driver but instead they sent me accidentally the telephone number of someone at the hotel, which didn’t help AT ALL)
3) The hotel is VERY EXPENSIVE. About three times the price than the Alcove resort where our friends were staying. It is true the rooms at the Alcove were more basic, but perfectly functional with safe and air-conditioning etc AND with a fantastic sea front location and restaurant (whereas Living Room is about 20 mins walk from the beach). I couldn’t help feeling ripped off.
4) There was something wrong with our toilet. It flushed oddly (filling right up with water) from the second we arrived and kept getting worse, eventually getting blocked. On the penultimate morning of our stay we ended up having to use the public toilet of the hotel downstairs, which was fine, but surely when you are paying so much for a room, it is not ideal. We informed the staff and they had dealt with it while we were out for the day, but still.
5) At the moment at least the wifi only works in the lobby, which is a bit shoddy for such a pricey hotel when cheaper ones like the Alcove had no such issue.

Having said all this, the management upgraded us to a slightly larger room when we arrived, which was a nice touch, perhaps to apologise for trying to bump us out back in May or for the airport fiasco. The restaurant staff were very lovely as well and breakfast was good (although we only had it two of the four days we stayed)
When we checked In, they made a point of telling us that check out time on New Year’s Day was 11 o’clock, which was a bit harsh. Luckily they were flexible and kind enough to let us check out at 1 – two hours really made a difference so thank you for that.

In spite of the mishaps that happened, the hotel is fine, the bedding is good and the staff was gracious, but I don’t feel like recommending it given the price – astronomical for India and Vagator, ok perhaps they bumped the prices up for New Year’s but our friends were staying at the Alcove during the same time and were paying a third of what we were paying – and the distance from the beach (we walked back every night, sometimes very late; although there are no pavements the walk from the beach front is just about fine and perfectly doable at any time of day, but you should always factor 20 mins to get there and back).
Worth pointing out that the only cash machine in Vagator is right by the hotel.

2  Thank claudia186338
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Sazzy68 - Sarah and David's review is very much on the button. Lovely spacious well-appointed room. Great staff attitude, all overseen by Cecilia. Holidayed under Thomson banner, whose local rep was very helpful. Hope to revisit soon.

1  Thank richardm1951
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Lovely hotel away from the main towns, so lovely and quiet, couldn't fault the staff all very helpful, rooms nice, very clean and spacious. The downside was drinks and food was pricey compared to local restaurants, but ok. Breakfast could have been a bit more adventurous same thing everyday but would definitely stay here again.
Sarah and David Xmas 2013

Room Tip: All rooms are good probably a back room overlooking pool best,
1  Thank sazzy68
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had a great time at hotel bettween 21 nov to 23 nov. all staff is very helpful n serve with smile. Room cleanness exellent and Breakfast qulaity is too good. MR. Dhanand (Reception Manager ) was very helpfull at every step. I will surely visit again there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KAMAL KUMAR R
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were in Goa for a very short trip, which indeed turned out to be very pleasurable, with our stay at the Living Room. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and clean and I must really commend the staff, extremely courteous. The food was good too and so overall, highly recommend The Living Room as a great place to be at.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family