“Recommended for cleanliness, hospitality and peaceful environment”
Review of Cochichos Resort

Cochichos Resort
Ranked #3 of 36 Vagator B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for 6 days in Februrary this year. Wanted to write a review since then.

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were spanking clean, staff curteous and helpful and the pool too was clean (though we did not really end up using it). The staff is really hard working (saw constant but non intrusive activity around for maintenance and cleaning of the place). Mansi at the reception was really curteous and even helped us arranging a car for hire at market rates (yes, the rates given to us for car to hire were same as on the street). As for location, the hotel is almost a km away from the Vagator beach. The restaurant area is a shack (hut roof) which was really nice.

I booked the hotel reding all the prior reviews on tripadvisor and I must say I was delighted during my stay. Overall, a great place leaving us with a memorable experience. Also, the photos posted are exactly what you get!

Me and my wife am definetly going to stay here again on our next trip to Goa!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdityaBery
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

So nice of you to write a review even though you stayed in February. Really appreciate your commitment to write and that also with great comments. Thank you so very much...

I will certainly pass on your compliments to all staff. Yes, they do work very hard and as a team to make sure our guests get the desired satisfactory stay. Our goal is to give all our guests a feeling of home and great comfort.

Please do come to visit us again at Cochichos. We would be more than happy to have you over and will always make sure that you have another great holiday stay in Goa.

God bless you...

Reviewed August 11, 2013

i and my fiancee stayed in cochichos in 2013 august...we came here for a short trip for 3 nights and 4 days. We found this hotel on tripadvisor and were highly impressed by the reviews..wen we entered the hotel we were really spellbound at by seeing the beauty of the hotel..it was exactly the same as shown on the site...the best part of the resort is the pool and the rooms..rooms are very spacious neat and clean they are well furnished and well maintained..this place is near vagator beach and is very calm n quiet...the staff is highly cooperative andv friendly and always willing to help...alicia and andrea were the receptionists who are really doing a good job a special vote of appreciation to them...overall our trip was awesome and we will come soon again... IF ITS GOA IT HAS TO B COCHICHOS ONLY...KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shibtanu24
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks a lot for the great review and positive feedback. What I appreciate most is the time you have taken to review Cochichos on Trip Advisor. Thanks again!

So happy that you have been overall satisfied with your stay and the resort. We take great efforts to ensure maintenance and upkeep of the premises. Getting good feedback is soul satisfying, because it means hard work always pays off :-)

I will surely pass on your compliments to both Alicia and Andrea. Also will thank all other staff, because it only goes to show that customer satisfaction is the result of a group effort.

Please do come again to Cochichos for another holiday stay. Until then, I pray that you have success in all that you do. My best wishes to your fiance too.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at cochichos in october. Its a km away from vagator beach and a couple of kms from Anjuna. The stay is absolutely comfortable, rooms are clean and spacious, staff is very courteous. There is a pool and a shack inside and the resort is full of greenery. You can have breakfast and snacks served in the shack. You can also order in food from good restaurants around like mango tree. You will be able to get scooty or car on rent if required to visit the nearby places.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BlueMoonTraveller
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks a lot for taking some time to post a review of your stay at Cochichos.

Truly appreciate your comments and whats more satisfying is that you had a good holiday. It is a continuous effort of all my staff put together to keep up standards and maintenance of the resort. I personally love green, as it very relaxing and what is really needed for a good break.

Please do come to visit us again and until then I will you good health and success always.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at Cochichos in February with my wife and two friends, we found the accommodation, Staff and location fantastic.

The rooms and grounds were constantly being cleaned and maintained by the hard working staff.

The restaurant Staff couldn't do enough for you, especially Ram, who we kept up late serving us drinks on several occasions...Thanks Ram.

The pool was quiet, very clean and big enough to cope with the 12 rooms.
The location is a short walk into Vagator where you can find places to eat and drink, also plenty of Taxi drivers a hand to take you to all the other close by resorts.

I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Thank you Cochichos for a great stay.

I'm trying to talk my wife into returning in December.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank PeteWolves46
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your review on Tripadvisor. Appreciate your feedback and compliments of the resort and staff. I will surely pass on your kind words to Ram.

We do work hard to make sure that the gardens are well maintained and the overall upkeep of the resort is of highest standards. Which makes me so glad and thankful that you have appreciated all the efforts.

Please do visit us again. Hope that your wife is convinced for you both to return to Cochichos in December. Until then, keep well and hope to see you again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Cochichos resort, near the Vagator beach is just the most fantastic place to stay in Goa. My wife and I travel to Goa almost once an year but our stay in Cochichos has to be simply our best experience ever.

The staff is very friendly, the service although limited is excellent as well. The rooms are clean and spacious. The best part is that there are not too many rooms in the first place which maintains the calm and quite atmosphere that you look for in a vacation. The added perk is that the pool is almost never crowded, hence you can jump in any time of the day.

Overall i would say that Cochichos is a great place to spend a quite and relaxing vacation in Goa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amit T
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your review on Tripadvisor. It is honestly soul satisfying when a guest comments that he/she had a great stay and an awesome experience. Together with my staff, we work very hard to make this possible.

Like you, many guests have complimented us on the privacy and the peace at the resort. My plans have never been to crowd the area. There will be mre development as time goes by, but surely will maintain the peace. I myself like the serenity and feel this is much needed in our hectic schedule.

Please do visit us again and until then I wish you all the best in your every day life.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We planned a short stay in this hotel for my wife's birthday weekend. We wanted a quiet resort that had a decent pool (since we were travelling in March and it can get pretty hot at the beach). Based on the positive reviews of this place we decided upon Cochichos and we were not disappointed.

Cozy cottage type accommodation with nice and comfortable rooms. Some issues with our room AC when we checked in but they quickly fixed it. The resort is well maintained with clean rooms, garden area and pool. Not a lot of food options on their restaurant menu but a few quick bites are available along with a few drink options. The chicken sandwich as well as the tuna sandwich were awesome. The pool had these stools in the bar area (bar not functional yet) where you could sit and have a drink while still in the pool. Alicia and Manasi run the property very efficiently and are excellent hosts. We needed to rent a car and Alicia quickly connected us to Cedric who also turned out to be a friendly chap. No breakfast inclusion in the room rent but preferred it that way because there are a couple of very nice breakfast places very close to the resort (Bluebird and Mango Tree Cafe). A 10-15 minutes walk to Mini-Vagator and Vagator beaches but if you rent a bike/car it takes less than 5 mins to get to the beach.

All in all, a great value for money place, that we would mind going back to!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room which was quite good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Saikat A

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Cochichos on Tripadvisor. Really glad that you enjoyed your stay and had an overall great experience at the resort. Your special thanks will be passed on to both Alicia and Mansi, as well as to all support staff who are part of the team.

You are quite right on the limited options at the restaurant and as I have commented on all the other reviews, this will surely be upgraded in the next developmental stage. Right now, we are very focussed on ensuring thorough comfort of our guests. But hey, I was really happy to hear that you liked the sandwiches :-) Gives us a boost to know that we are heading in the right direction.

Please do come to visit us again. Would be nice to have you over and until then I wish you successful days.

God bless you.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A quick getaway plan for Goa came up,and Cochichos was our first choice.Spoke to Alicia and loved the fact that she still remembered us from the last trip a year back.Quickly helped me with my bookings and it feels so good and homely to chat up with her in her usual friendly and warm way.There's still time for my travel and truly cant wait to get there.
@Mervin,though we've never had the opportunity to meet you in person,but i would want to congratulate you on your excellent staff and superb resort.
For us,when its Goa it will always be Cochichos

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank luv2exlpore
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks alot for the five star rating. I'm glad the staff was able to provide you the service you expected. Alicia definitely has a very sharp brain and that is how she remembers our guests. I will definitely pass on your appreciation for her.

I hope on your next travel we meet in person. It would be an honour. please do visit us again

Yours sincerely,
Mervin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vagator
Spazio Leisure Resort
#1 of 3 in Arambol
The Tamarind Hotel
The Tamarind Hotel
#2 of 16 in Anjuna

Been to Cochichos Resort? Share your experiences!