“My fav of the lot in Goa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cochichos Resort

Cochichos Resort
Ranked #3 of 31 Vagator B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“My fav of the lot in Goa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I will do this review the objective way:
Pros:
- Beautiful property
- Lovely surroundings
- Excellent Rooms
- Low cost
- Sweet swimming pool
- Good staff

Cons
- Slightly away from the Baga-Anjuna chaos (but only slight). It shouldn't matter if you are renting a scooter or a car
- Food options limited. I personally don't care much about eating within the hotel when I am in Goa, since I am out most of the time

I have always stayed at Candolim before this, however when I bumped into this hotel's website online, I did a bit of research and I was so pleasantly surprised. Had a wonderful stay here and I am definitely going back many more times.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Always so nice hear that we have a satisfied guest, who not only had a pleasant stay at our resort but who also took some time to review us well on Tripadvisor. Thanks so very much for the great feedback...We do put in a lot of effort to ensure outstanding services to our guests.

I wish you success & blessings in your daily life and surely look forward to seeing you again...

Yours sincerely
Mervin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had always liked staying at Vagator in Goa, but this time when I was not able to get the bookings through couple of places where I had stayed earlier in that area, I tried this new resort. We came across this resort through internet only and after going through all good reviews for Cochichos at tripadvisor, we finally decided to get our bookings done. As it was a long weekend and all places in Goa were fully booked, we somehow managed to get one last room here. Anna, the manager, is very warm and makes you feel comfortable from the moment you enter the resort. Rooms were small but very pretty and amazingly comfy and cozy. Resort is not on the beach side but Vagator beach is only 5 min away from there in case you want to enjoy beach at early morning hours. We would definitely like to stay there again whenever we plan next trip to Goa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Especially feels good to know that you are a good stay at our resort.

At Cochichos, we continuously endeavour to deliver highest level of services to our guests. Shows that our staff's team effort was certainly commendable. I will pass on your thanks to the relevant staff.

Cochichos is just in the intial phase of development and plans to put in some bigger family rooms with more facilities, are certainly on the way.

Please do come again to Cochichos. Always good to see a repeat guest at the resort.

Yours sincerely,
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Cochicos is a nice cozy little place, perfect for couples. While it is not at the centre of activity, no place is too far from the location and its a perfect place to unwind. No review of Cochicos is complete without due credit to Anna, the manager, who is a perfect host and makes you feel at home from the moment u drive in. Her little band of helpers deserve credit too, coz they are always ready to help in whatever ways they can.
The rooms are spacious, the beds cozy and the ambience discreet. Noone interrupts you, and it is perfectly maintained.

The Mango tree Restaurant and Bar is a special attraction that shouldnt be missed.

PS: You get bikes to rent at the hotel and that saves you some time from hunting for something

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks a lot for your kind review of our resort on Tripadvisor. When a guest is satisfied, we feel rewarded that our hardwork and efforts has paid off.

I will pass on your special thanks to all the staff concerned. At Cochichos all our staff are continuously to work as a team, to deliver top notch services to our guests.

With more rooms to be built including more family facilities, you will see that our vision to progress is always in the forefront.

Please do come again for another holiday stay and of course, do talk about us to your family and friends. Hope to see you again and soon!

Your sincerely,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Miss Naik, the receptionist takes care of the guests very well.
If you are looking for a quiet and cosy stay far away from the crowded Baga n Calangute then this place will please you.
We stayed in the standard rom which was very clean and the bed is indeed very comfortable as mentioned on their website.
The shower and flush in our room was not working properly.
The beautiful lawn n swimming pool are very relaxing.There is a bar on the edge of the pool which is non functional.
Overall the stay was good and location was convenient.
I highly recommend to stay at this place..if you wish to stay on vagator beach..

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review on Tripadvisor. Really glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Cochichos. I will pass on your special thanks and compliments to Mansi Naik.

Really sorry that you faced some inconvenience with regards to the shower in your room. Unfortunately, we do sometimes face technical issues and we do our very best to fix them asap. Overall, I feel happy that you had a great stay and would like to come back :-)

There will be development at Cochichos on a stage-by-stage basis. This includes the pool bar. Right now, we have focussed on creating a homely feeling and noting from most of the reviews, we have accomplised to deliver this comfort. Of course, with valuable feedback from our guests, we will continuously look at improving our facilities. So really, thanks so much for your honest review.

I look forward to having you over at Cochichos again. God bless you and see you soon....

Sincerely
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

as all the reveiws state, relaxing, easy to get out of the hussle and bussle of the mopeds.the rooms where modern and clean with soft and comfy beds,i think they were the best rooms in the area,it was a little haven.

Room Tip: all are equally good
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Just wanted to drop in a line to thank you for the review on Tripadvisor. Really appreciative that you have reviewed Cochichos Resort well.

A lot of hard work surely goes into keep up standards of the resort and so it really feels goods when the efforts have paid off and we have satisfied guests.

I look forward to having you at Cochichos again. Until then, I will you successful days ahead...

Thanks once again,
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed there after going through all the great reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. Thanks to the staff at Cochichos we had a relaxed stay here. The beach and a variety of eating joints were all a short walk away. The room was clean and comfortable, and during the evenings the pool was a good place to unwind.

2 Thank Amit T
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time to review us well on Tripadvisor. Our focus is to deliver highest level of services our guests. In your case and which I like to hear, it seems that we have done well. I will surely pass on your thanks to all staff especially Mrs. Naik.

In the meantime, we continuously strive to maintain and improve our facilities.

Look forward to seeing you again at Cochichos.

Yous sincerely
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here on my own a year ago and this time my wife and I stayed for a new nights. This is a really nice quiet little get away in Vagator but with easy walking / bike riding access to the bars, restaurants, stalls and beaches.

The staff are all really friendly and helpful and the pool is clean with plenty of sunbeds, even though there are only 12 rooms. The rooms themselves are comfortable with good AC, tv, nice bathroom and are kept immaculately clean on a daily basis. The place is very secure, with a guard on the gate.

Big mega plus is that they have free wi fi! Full marks!!

The owners say they have plans to expand with some land at the bottom of the resort, but no signs of this starting when we were there.

The only thing is that the bar / restaurant is very limited. There is not much in the way of Indian / Goan food to be had, but as mentioned there are plenty of places to go locally. V quiet little place, so if you want to meet other people in the bar, you'll be out of luck, as you'll probably be on your own. If they did good coffee and some local food then it'd be perfect, but until they expand it probably isn't cost-effective for them to lay on any greater menu other than snacks.

Our breakfast was included and although the service was sometimes a bit confused, it was well meaning and the whole place is so chilled that nothing was really a problem.

Been twice would go back again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Mervin_Dsouza, Owner at Cochichos Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Ken,

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor. Really appreciate the feedback on Cochichos again. Whilst it is surely a good feeling to have satisfied guests, its even more fulfiling when they visit us again and still have a great review!

Since I was there when you visited along with your wife, it was also good meeting you. As you know and have noted, we do work very hard to keep our standards, although right now a small start up. For 12 rooms, we have ensured that all the necessary facilities for the comfort of our guests are available.

When we progress into the next developmental stage of Cochichos, there will surely be more facilities added. I am well aware of the restaurant limitations but honestly speaking at this moment I have targetted comfort only. In good time, this will be the next part of the resort that I plan to develop.

The next phase of development at Cochichos is definitely in my plans and I am taking steps towards it.

Till then, we continue to make sure that all our guests feel welcome and more than that.... at home. I really hope to see you again and once again thank you for your feedback.

Yours sincerely
Mervin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vagator
LivingRoom by Seasons
#1 of 14 in Arpora
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,533 reviews
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Ozran Heights Beach Resort

Been to Cochichos Resort? Share your experiences!