All reviews spice traders woo bar pan asian restaurant public beach kitchen table w insider kids club spectacular room mr gautam housekeeping team indoor pool vagator beach clarins spa special mention special thanks spice trader restaurant amazing property
Reviewed February 7, 2017

My first impression of the W Goa was AWFUL. I had communicated with the hotel and paid in advance for transportation from the airport to the hotel. I was told to look for a placard with the hotel name at the exit. I left the airport and saw signs for all the hotels except the W. My colleague noticed a guy wearing a t-shirt with a W on it. Sure enough, that was our driver. We were told it would take about 30 minutes to get to the hotel. It took almost 2 hours. We arrived at 3:00pm, check in time. Our rooms weren't ready until almost 5:00pm! We were 3 meeting planners checking out the hotel for future business purposes and had been personally recommended by the staff at the Westin in Mumbai. We were starving and asked to have our lunch comped while waiting for our rooms. The GM of the hotel was rude and arrogant when he refused this request. We told him we'd remember this when booking large meetings in Goa. He said, "good, I hope you do." We went for lunch in the hotel restaurant anyway. One order was completely wrong and the other two meals were ice cold. We were ready to move to another property but we were exhausted.

From that point, our experience turned 180 degrees. The rooms and bathrooms were great. The staff, other than the GM, were fabulous, especially Fabiana Vaz (Front Desk Manager) and Ashwin Badrinathan (Food and Beverage Manager). All of the staff at the bars, restaurants and front desk were awesome. They made it, in the end, a great stay.

Unfortunately for this property, as long as the existing General Manager is there, we will not be returning. I spend at least 100 nights in hotels every year and have the opportunity to meet many of the GMs, and this guy was, by far, the rudest!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
5  Thank carljw116
WGOA, General Manager at W Goa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Dear carljw116

Greetings from W Goa

Thank you for your review.

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Rest assured we will be addressing all of your issues mentioned in your review.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2017

Hotel in general : Beautiful, brand new and located in my favorite place in Goa, Vagator. The property is pretty big with access to public beach. Check-in was slow because everyone working there were new. The lobby is really well done and there is always music playing to keep your foot tapping. The bar near the lobby is pretty sweet.
Breakfast was extraordinary. One of the nicest spreads I have seen.
Rooms : Easily the best part of the hotel. I booked the basic room and when I entered the room, i thot it was a suite. Huge! and with all the amenities. Fantastic!
Pools : They have 2 pools. One regular one near the restaurant and another one overlooking the beach called the Rock pool. The rock pool is beautiful. Nicely set up, near the beach and one can throw an insane party there. My 3 year old daughter loved it.
Kids play room : They have one of the best kids play rooms i have seen in a hotel. Beautiful, just like the whole hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
WGOA, General Manager at W Goa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2017

Dear maccc,

Greetings from W Goa.

It gives us great pleasure in knowing that your time with us was well spent and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Being the first W Hotel in India, we strive to give all our guests an experience like none other.

We do hope to welcome you back to W Goa in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2017

I recently stayed here for my anniversary and i must say the hotel is wow.
Everything is vibrant & big making it very lively.loved the big doors in the room & the colours.
The rock pool bar made me feel like i want in goa with its larger to life Lamps & pillows....And an awesome sunset view.
The food is also excellent from dinner at Spice Traders to Breakfast at The Kitchen table.
The staff also livens up the property with there cheerful nature...and so does the Gm "Tj" whose very jovial & lively.
waiting for my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaudioTellis

Dear ClaudioTellis,

Greetings from sunny Goa.

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely happy to know that your time with us at W Goa was enjoyable and you’ve had a memorable experience during your recent stay.

we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is outstanding..the attention to detail is just superb! The 'sundowner' Rockpool area is just something else..has to be experienced..wonderful views over Vagator beach.. super rest areas to watch the sun go down..chill out music..absolutely outstanding..loved it! You take a little buggy to the chill out area from the foyer of the hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
WGOA, General Manager at W Goa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2017

Dear TraceyJaneTop,

Greetings from W Goa.

It gives us great pleasure in knowing that your time with us was well spent and that you enjoyed our facilities!

Being the first W Hotel in India, we strive to alter the very ethos of the hospitality industry by providing all our guests with personalized and exceptional services.

We at the W Goa look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

It was my 20th anniversary holiday and my husband and I decided to stay at the 1st property of W in india(goa)
What a fabulous place... loved the decor... the lobby area is called the living room.. fun place to relax during the day..
The director of room Mr Gautam handa saw to it that our stay was comfortable... the rooms are lovely.. we also got upgraded to the villa on the last night of the stay..
the breakfast is a good lavish spread... very nice...
the spice traders - the pan Asian restaurant... amazing food.. the chef mr Tanvir.. does a fantastic job..
The f&b manager Mr Pratik is a friendly person.. he sees to it that all the guest enjoy the food.
the rock pool villa is the best place to unwind in the evening.. amazing atmosphere.. the Dj plays the best music and Marshall the mixologist makes the best cocktails..
Loved everything about W.. will surely go back .

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
WGOA, General Manager at W Goa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Dear vrindagoenka,

Greetings from W Goa.

We at the W Goa look forward to welcoming you in the near future.