Clean, comfortable resort for the right price.
Check In - was fast and easy. The front desk was friendly and straightforward about the christmas gala dinner charges, daily rate, etc.
Room - it was very clean. bed was comfortable with clean sheets. bathroom was up to U.S. standards with a tub/shower. Room and bathroom did not smell as sometimes Indian hotels do. The bathroom was pretty clean with no major mildew, mold, damage. Towels were not too bad. Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the pool area. Our room was facing towards the back of the resort but there was construction going on the deck area right below so it was noisy all day. Make sure to ask about any ongoing construction or renovation.
Room service - we did not order anything, but they did bring us towels right away after we called for some.
Pool - magnificent! this is the best pool I have ever seen in all of India. better than most U.S. pools too. It is crystal clear, bright blue, and surprisingly had no debris or bugs of any kind in it. Very well maintained. The lounge chairs were a little dirty, but cover it up with pool towels and it's fine. Drinks at the swim up bar were good and reasonably priced.
Gym - did not smell. had the basic machines.
Spa - amazing. Just walking through the spa walkway you will feel like you are in a U.S. spa. Very tranquil, soothing, modern, and clean. The masseuse spoke english and well trained. Not ayurvedic (an oil slathering). They slipped a piece of paper the 2nd night of our stay for a christmas special for massage, foot reflexology, and body scrub. When you check in, try asking for a package special.
Food - the breakfast was decent. It is the normal India breakfast buffet with indian and american choices. Nothing spectacular. I asked for orange juice and the server brought me mango juice. The fine dining restaurant was great. It was fairly cheap for fine dining and was actually tasty. Service was great, but there were only 2 other tables filled at the time. The pastry shop had amazing looking items, but the cake and cupcake we got didn't taste very good. The christmas gala dinner was absolutely wonderful. Good tasting food and a huge variety of everything you could imagine including fruit sculptures and elaborate displays.
Beach - clean soft sand as you would expect of south goa.
Check Out - easy and accurate. no hidden charges. the taxes in India are always a shock, but nothing was incorrect.
I have stayed at the Majorda Resort here in Goa as well. I would put this resort at the same level. Both are great choices for this price range. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kenilworth Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for a tranquil retreat surrounded by the pristine beaches and exotic tropical beauty that Goa - the land of sun, sea and sand - is known for. The rooms of this 5-star property are beautifully designed to reflect the by-gone Portuguese era. Tradition seamlessly blends in with all the comforts of modern day luxury to make for a highly relaxing and comfortable stay. Step out on to a private balcony over-looking the Arabian Sea and the beautifully landscaped swimming pool. With impeccable service standards, water sport activities and luxurious spa treatments, The Kenilworth Beach Resort & Spa is a delight for business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kenilworth Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenilworth Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Kenilworth Resort And Spa, Goa
- Kenilworth Beach Hotel
- Kenilworth Beach Salcette
- Kenilworth Beach Resort Goa
- Kenilworth Resort & Spa Goa/Utorda