Stayed here with my parents(both above 70) and my sister from the 20th to the 30th of December 2012. Overall we had a lovely stay - made special by the staff(except some at the reception) and the location.
We booked our Bed and Breakfast package by directly speaking with Ketan from the hotel. He was professional and offered us a good deal for 8 days(which we later extended to 10). I requested for interconnected rooms with some special arrangements for my mother who has arthritis. I was pleasantly surprised that these were wholly arranged for when we arrived. The hotel is not a high rise and is designed keeping in mind the needs of the elderly and the differently abled.
Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted warmly by Kenilworth staff and taken to the hotel in an air-conditioned taxi. The rooms were spacious, well appointed. However, one of the bathrooms had a terrible smell, however, this was attended to promptly.
The hotel is located in south goa and is away from most of the noisy, crowded beaches of the north. The beach is just outside the hotel and is lovely with white sands. The water is not rough and ideal for swimming. The beach also has water sports facilities like para gliding, jet skiing, etc.
Facilities at the hotel that we really enjoyed were the swimming pool and Tennis. Since both my sister and I had played a lot of tennis when we were younger, we really enjoyed our time at the well managed synthetic court. Rashaad, the in-house pro was always willing to accompany us to the court and took good care of us.
The breakfast and the food quality were good throughout our stay. Special requests were always fulfilled (these even included special food on religious occasions). I must thank the executive chef and chef Yugal for their help in this regard.
Service at the restaurant was exceptional - Waiters such as Pankaj, Julius, Mizzy were friendly, attentive and took extra effort to make our stay enjoyable. We had several chances to interact with them and never did they once stop short of delighting us. We found managers such as Rohit and Theresa very warm and friendly as well.
The only reason that this hotel did not get an excellent rating is due to the attitude of the reception staff. I had one incident where I dealt with Malcolm(the front office manager) and Josaline. I found their attitude strangely hostile. Hope they realize that they are at the reception and usually the first to interact with the guests.
Some suggestions to visitors -
- The resort has excellent facilities for kids, elders. Overall a great family resort. It is not a party place.
- It has excellent facilities like a lovely pool with water polo, slides and a sunken bar, very nice tennis and basketball courts, indoor pool and a spa. Expect to spend a majority of your time at the resort like we did.
- Use the cycles available to bike on the beach - great experience.
Some suggestions/requests to the hotel -
- provide free internet. This shouldn't cost you much and will add to customer delight.
- keep the pool area opened till 10 PM. Its only opened till 7.
- dont charge for playing pool
- Somehow ensure that the waiters keep up the good work and the guys at the reception improve in their attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kenilworth Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for a tranquil retreat surrounded by the pristine beaches and exotic tropical beauty that Goa - the land of sun, sea and sand - is known for. The rooms of this 5-star property are beautifully designed to reflect the by-gone Portuguese era. Tradition seamlessly blends in with all the comforts of modern day luxury to make for a highly relaxing and comfortable stay. Step out on to a private balcony over-looking the Arabian Sea and the beautifully landscaped swimming pool. With impeccable service standards, water sport activities and luxurious spa treatments, The Kenilworth Beach Resort & Spa is a delight for business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kenilworth Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenilworth Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Kenilworth Resort And Spa, Goa
- Kenilworth Beach Hotel
- Kenilworth Beach Salcette
- Kenilworth Beach Resort Goa
- Kenilworth Resort & Spa Goa/Utorda