1,755 results
All reviews plunge pool cosmos restaurant club room chess board excellent stay play station pleasant stay kids play area housekeeping staff special thanks front office house keeping nice property water sports breakfast spread lunch and dinner live music
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2017

Royal Orchid is a very beautiful resort. The room that was provided to us was very good, had all the required amenities and a good sized balcony overlooking the garden. Beach was also visible from the balcony. This resort has a nice restaurant, the breakfast spread and the buffet dinner were both very good. During our stay, once they have arranged for a dinner in the garden, where a singer was performing live which enhanced the overall experience. The staff is very courteous and greet you will a smile every time.

For kids, they have play area which consists of swing, slide etc. There is small water park next to the swimming pool as well.

Location wise this resort is around 45 mins from the airport and a walking distance from the beach. Basically you just need to walk down the resorts wonderful garden to reach the beach. Beach is very neat and there are few shacks where also you can spend some time.

Overall an excellent resort, worth staying.

Room tip: First floor rooms with balcony very good.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kumarrishi1
Shiwam_V, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Dear Mr. Kumar

Namaste!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Goa. We sincerely appreciate you sparing time and posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is our continuous endeavor to make our guests feel special in every aspect and providing highest quality of service. It is appreciation and acknowledgement such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

We thank you for your support and patronage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

It was my birthday on 12.12.2017,and me and my wife stayed at Royal Orchid Beach Resort and Spa.It was one of the best birthday celebrated ever.First the staff (i think Amit) upgraded our room and then in the evening a special table was set up in the front in the garden with live music in the front (he played very good songs and sang birthday song when the hotel people arranged for a cake for me..overall a very good experience at the hotel with a very courteous staff.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Rahul

Reviewed December 20, 2017

I stayed here for 1 day with my family. Though we reached little late, checkin took some time. The room had a bedroom and a hall with TV in both room. The room had a balcony facing garden. Bathroom had bathtub. The resort had big swimming pool, children play room, fitness room and open air chess. The plus point of the resort is the beach. However, the beach is not a private beach.
The service at the restaurant was very good. We opted for buffet lunch and the spread was good. Breakfast was buffet with good options. We enjoyed the music during the dinner. The front office was very friendly. As per our request, they extended our checkout time till 2PM. We really enjoyed the stay at the resort and stay was memorable.

Room tip: Ask for rooms facing garden
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

In Goa, every street has so called resorts but upkeeping of the resorts and service differnetiates them.

I booked for 2 nights as a solo traveller at Royal Orchid. After a long request around 8am, Vishnu from front office agreed for early checkin and process was smooth . I stayed at Luxury suit. Room size was good. Cleanliness at room/washroom has to be improved.

Breakfast spread was good and tasty, Pool facing semi open terrace was good.

Buffet dinner spread, taste and quality was very sad on 1st day but got better experience on 2nd day. Ambience was good with nice live music

1st Day Service was very bad as nobody was guiding the guests. Apparently they have kept 7-8 tables reserved but no sign or indication and as a result in the span of 30 min they asked 7 families including me to move to different table. ( I don't know what staffs are doing till we go ahead and occupy the table and start having food )

I came to my room in the evening after full day outing and was shocked to see my room doors completely kept opened. When I called the front office and house keeping manager (Ram Sundar) initial response was very cold and irresponsible. After 15 min they agreed there was some mistake and apologised for the same

About the ammenties

Pro
Very decent size garden and access to the beach

Cons
Small Gym and Kids Play area
Very small swimming pool
Local transport

One more suggestion, please don't use the taxi from near by stand as they loot the guest and very rude people.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

It is our continuous endeavor to make our guests feel special and they leave delighted. Please do contact me whenever you plan your next visit to Goa I will be happy to block the best room of the category for you and ensure you experience the best services.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

We organised an event at the Royal Orchid, Goa, after having spoken to the management and covering every point on behalf of our clients.
However on the days of the events we saw the management people evade work and refusing to provide help when needed. They would be willing to obey the main client and make promises when he was around, but our team members were refused help on simple matters like taking the clients luggage from one place to another during the wedding.
Food was good, and the location is nice.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Shiwam_V, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Dear Mr. Naresh,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

While I most sincerely empathize for the concerns you shared with us, may I assure you that the concerns have been shared the team and corrective action has being taken to avoid any recurrence. It will be really helpful if you notify us about which wedding you are refereeing to as all our guests are extremely happy those who have conducted their events with us and you can also refer to their TripAdvisor reviews. in case you had shortage of manpower, you could have asked the management team and we would have definitely helped you by providing support. Please do not hesitate to seek help from the management in future as we consider all the event planners as business partners and we are more than happy to assist you in case of any crisis from their end.