My wife and I took a much needed 3 day vacation at the Royal Orchid. Check in was smooth and the lobby area was beautiful, open, nicely done, along with the apple drinks we received while waiting. The grounds are well kept and look nice. Our room was nice, although not very spacious. There is a nice little balcony off the rooms with 2 comfortable chairs and a table. Unfortunately our room faced out the back, and not to the front where the pool is, so we only used it once. The short 2 minute walk to the beach was nice, especially since the property is connected to the beach. The restaurants are wonderful, but a little pricey. We enjoyed the Cosmos restaurant for breakfast every morning. Being able to sit outside on the 2nd floor overlooking the complex while eating was nice. One day it was a little too hot so we ate inside in the A/C and that was nice as well. Nice selection for the most part. The fruit bar was lacking variety while we were there. The omelette bar was always our favorite and getting bacon with our omelette was a nice treat. The beach is beautiful and clean, not like other beaches we've been to in Goa. There are the seafood shacks on the beach right outside. We found that if you walk down to the left (south) about 1/2 km on the beach, you will find two nice restaurants that offer candlelight dinning on the beach, for a much more affordable price. Great food too. But everybody else from the 2 other resorts nearby also know this so you have to go early to get a good table. We did this every night and loved it. The staff was helpful and attentive, for the most part. The staff watching the pool reprimanded me for "diving" because I sort of dove a little as I was walking down the stairs into the pool. My feet were already in the pool. Ridiculous! He needs to lighten up a little :) At one point I wanted to sit in the jacuzzi and asked a passing staff if he could turn it on. He said I would need to find a pool person, of which there was no one around, and walked off. I eventually got someone to turn it on, but that was good customer relations. Those were our only 2 negative interactions. The pool needs some repairs. At one end of the pool the little tiles are coming off. They have decided to "deal" with it by putting some white rocks in the area. I cut my toe on a tile because of it. My advice: you've got a nice pool, so maintain it properly and fix it. I will definitely return if the pool tiles are fixed because we had a lovely time. There are signs at the entrance to the hotel that forbids you bringing in any outside food or drink. Is that really necessary? Seems like a lame excuse to get you to overpay for their minibar items. Take those dumb signs down and your hotel will be much more attractive and welcoming, rather than restrictive. If I want a cold coke why can't I go to the store just outside the front gate and pay 30 rupees instead of paying 90 rupees for the same at the sunken pool bar? Those are a few of my complaints, but no deal breakers that would keep me from coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa...... Serene Seashore/Coastline.....Luxurious well maintained lawns......Petit cute gardens.....Water bodies with live Koi fish,lilios,lotus,orchids & anthuriums.....Tempting clear blue pool.....Remember we are on the beach,not at the beach..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort And Spa, Goa
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Utorda