“Royal It is!!!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Utorda
Mumbai
“Royal It is!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

It is rare that one comes to Goa for work and thus I had this opportunity to stay at this Hotel. The Good Part: From the time they picked me up to the check in, everything was elite and quiet nicely done. A welcome drink was nice and they spent hardly anytime to check me into my room. The staff were nice people to explain me the utilities within the hotel room. They even helped checking me out the last day and arranging for drop to the airport. I couldn't use the amentities much therefore can't talk much about it. They have Gym and Swimming pool (which is huge and clean). The beach is just 2 minutes away and accessable via the hotel itself.

The Average Part: The breakfast had a good spread, but options could have been better. There is a Taxi stand just outside the Hotel with fixed rate.

The Bad Part: The Service Tax for anything you order in the room is way too high. If you want cold drink then they provide per glass or 2 liter bottle, which was a shocker!!! If you want to eat, then either include in your package or eat from outside. I had huge problem with the Internet facility as well. There was no Wi-Fi in room. The receptionist had to bring the router the next day to provide me connectivity. Also the next day they changed the password without my notice, so I suffered big time logging into the account and thus lost precious time. They didn't even discount anything on that front, plus the receptionist used my room phone to call local IT person and even that was charged to my bill. So No information sharing between staff people.

In short, if you want to just stay in the Hotel, relax at the pool and make yourself comfy at one place, then this place is right. Good for elder couples or Group or Solo people like me for short business travel (although I had 3 nights there). I rate this hotel 3 to 3.5 star!!!

Room Tip: Take Rooms closer to the Beach (away from lobby), Quiet and Nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us & thank you for taking time to put your valued views across. We certainly check on the issues like calls charged etc. Please keep in touch & hope to see you gain soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Resort is located on a lovely beach... which is very clean, serene and quite. Resort is good.. staff is very friendly. Though rooms are not very well kept... but they are quite spacious and comfortable. Must try out spa services here.

Room Tip: Pool side view rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ritzy313
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Appreciate your time & effort to put this across. We assure you even better care in the up coming season. Thank you.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Royal orchid is above average property .Though looks very well maintained from outside..the rooms are not really well kept. The bar is really a let down. The restaurant taste is quire okay...esp the desserts.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for putting your views across.....We surely work to achieve better....Thank you once again.
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everything ws amazing...!! Staff to the food. Ambience to the location..!! Everything was just perfect, I think best thn perfect..I ws in goa for 6 nights and 4 days, bt the 2 nights spent here was the best and the most memorable time with ppl out here..!!

Thanks to royal orchid team..!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank psam2409
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Pleasure to read your comment. Please make time to visit us again....Specially in Goa's winter months. Thank you again.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here from 31st May to 3rd June, 2012 and returned again from 5th to 9th September - and let me just say that each one of the days during those two trips was memorable! Be it the beautiful, airy decor, the view of the coconut palms and the sea from the restaurant balcony, the clean and spacious swimming pool and lawns, or the amazingly intuitive service, this resort has it all! And with the clean, almost private beach so close by, you can really enjoy the best that Goa has to offer. Needless to say, the food was good too and the buffet breakfasts, heavenly!

I must especially mention the service here. Every single member of the staff went out of their way to make our stay fun and comfortable. That is the single most important thing that caused us to return to this place, when we could have picked just about any other location for our second vacation. Anything we wanted was brought to us almost before we could ask for it. My only regret is that I don't live somewhere close by so I could spend all my weekends at Royal Orchid! Thanks for the experience...you guys do an amazing job. We are very glad we visited...twice so far.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much. Your comment elates us to do more. We are extremely pleased the way you narrated both your visits. Thank you again & do hope to host you soon.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed in Aug'12 on a business trip and kept missing my family. The Hotel is Great and just next to a Great Beach. The Resort leads straight to the beach and the beach too is a neat and peaceful beach. A great place to watch Sunset as it is West facing. Went for a Morning Walk to Beach and had a great experience.

The Resort is Good for a family outing with lots to do for kid and family. A Live Size Chess Board, a Glass Hut GYM, kids creativity Hut and a Great Swimming Pool. Most of the Rooms are facing the Swimming Pool. A Lush Green Garden makes it a great place to stay.

The Resort is about 15 kms from Airport and about 6-7 kms from Verna Industrial state.

The food is Good but they need to add some more vegeterian options for veegetarian like us. May be a Good Options for Sea Food Lovers and their Restaurant "Grill" is rates Best by Times and is in a great ambience next to Beach and rather facing Beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sanjay S
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Yes you are right about the beach resort, as we are located on the beach. Thank you for your precious time to put this across. We will act on your valued suggestions.
Daman, Daman and Diu, India
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had stayed for 2 days with my wife for my Honeymoon. i had booked club room. It was almost like a suite room for me had a g8t time, nice beach, pool was awesome, superb view from 1st floor of the dinning section pool, garden & beach. reception & staff were helpful. vege food was excellent.
spa is 1 of the best.

i would love to come again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bhavik S
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Its nice to note that even as time has past, you still remember your pleasant stay. Thank you so much.....We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utorda
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Taj Exotica Goa
#1 of 14 in Benaulim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort

Been to Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa? Share your experiences!