It is rare that one comes to Goa for work and thus I had this opportunity to stay at this Hotel. The Good Part: From the time they picked me up to the check in, everything was elite and quiet nicely done. A welcome drink was nice and they spent hardly anytime to check me into my room. The staff were nice people to explain me the utilities within the hotel room. They even helped checking me out the last day and arranging for drop to the airport. I couldn't use the amentities much therefore can't talk much about it. They have Gym and Swimming pool (which is huge and clean). The beach is just 2 minutes away and accessable via the hotel itself.
The Average Part: The breakfast had a good spread, but options could have been better. There is a Taxi stand just outside the Hotel with fixed rate.
The Bad Part: The Service Tax for anything you order in the room is way too high. If you want cold drink then they provide per glass or 2 liter bottle, which was a shocker!!! If you want to eat, then either include in your package or eat from outside. I had huge problem with the Internet facility as well. There was no Wi-Fi in room. The receptionist had to bring the router the next day to provide me connectivity. Also the next day they changed the password without my notice, so I suffered big time logging into the account and thus lost precious time. They didn't even discount anything on that front, plus the receptionist used my room phone to call local IT person and even that was charged to my bill. So No information sharing between staff people.
In short, if you want to just stay in the Hotel, relax at the pool and make yourself comfy at one place, then this place is right. Good for elder couples or Group or Solo people like me for short business travel (although I had 3 nights there). I rate this hotel 3 to 3.5 star!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa...... Serene Seashore/Coastline.....Luxurious well maintained lawns......Petit cute gardens.....Water bodies with live Koi fish,lilios,lotus,orchids & anthuriums.....Tempting clear blue pool.....Remember we are on the beach,not at the beach..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort And Spa, Goa
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Utorda