“Good One” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Utorda
Pune
“Good One”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

It was a company offsite and in my opinion it was worth the salt. Staff was very polite and accommodating. The propoerty was very well maintained. Food quality was fantatstic ( for a vegeterian in Goa...) Direct access to the beach is a major plus point. Though I could not enjoy Spa, I am sure it must have been a good one. Rooms quality were upto the point. House keeping services at room, resort was good.

One good point. commercially, was that there were no hidden charges. I really liked that. Otherwise checking oyt becomes a cumbersome exercise that too with an entourage.

I would really recommend this facility to anyone who wants to spend a good quality time with their near n dear ones in GOA. I will plan a personal trip myself pretty soon !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pankaj S
ROBRS_GOA, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you so much for taking time & the effort to express your stay with us. We do feel elated that you left with a smile in your heart. Assure you a wonderful stay too in your next visit. The spa is calling.....Thanks Again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Kajang, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the staff with a cold towel and a welcoming drink.The resort was very clean and beautiful. My kids enjoyed the pool very much. Daily breakfast was good with lots of verities.Hotel staff were very friendly, cheerful and helpful. Beach is just 5 minutes walk from the resort.

Room Tip: those with more than 1 kid should go for a triple room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank victoria_rita
ROBRS_GOA, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Nice to read your feed back of your stay with us. We will make sure that we can serve you even better the next time. Trust to see you soon. Thank you for your valued time & effort.
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed at Royal Orchid for 4 nights in Nov 2011. Overall the experience was very good i.e rooms were clean, pool was good, breakfast was awesome, beach was close and lastly the staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach is nice and not very crowded, the hotel itself has lot of open spaces which lets you be with your family. I would like to specially mention Nazia who was very helpful with all the reservations and Agnelo who took great care of us during breakfast.

While the lunch and dinner are good it needs more variety and innovation if one stays for a longer time.

Will not hesitate to visit again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pleased to read your comments & we assure to score even better on your next visit. Thanks a ton for taking time to post your feeling on board.
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I've traveled extensively, by virtue of my job. I've no doubt when I say this is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in.
I was there for 5 days, as part of company training. As soon as we reached hotel, they asked us credit card and charged complete amount at start!! Not blocking the amount, but charging it competely! We were to discover later why it is done this way.
On reaching room, it was stinking, with strong smell of paint. Internal phone lines were not working, which were repaired next day. I asked for iron board, and the iron board i got was in tattered condition, with one pin missing.
I immediately went to change the room, but found lots of colleagues there, requesting the same. Then we discovered all rooms are like this. If this was any comfort, my room was tad better compared to what others were experiencing!!!
It was a bitter experience. I visit Goa every year, and was surprised that among all the options available, we were doomed with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We are extremely sorry for discomfort you had during the stay with us. With the ending of monsoons rooms do get repainted & we were totally booked. As such were unable to change rooms. The telephones too went dead, with the rain & lightning. We had to replace the entire telephone console. Please do visit us again & we assure you a most pleasant stay.
bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Staff were very friendly and caring.. the food quality was excellent especially at the beach side restaurant (lobster in oyster sauce,cilly crab, fish lasuni, garlic naan were delicious)... great maintenance of the lawns with ornamental flowers.. above all, the best spa.. we enjoyed our stay at this exotic resort..

Room Tip: superior suite rooms with plunge pool are excellent and has a lot of privacy..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ROBRS_GOA, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
A great pleasure to read your experience. Do hope too see you soon again. Thank you for taking time to express your stay with us.
Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I just had my Goa trip. It was a leisure trip so was looking for relaxing hotel (Not for sight seeing and all). As I am member of Royal Orchid gold card, I opted to stay in Royal Orchid Galaxy ,
It was a pleasant journey Pune-Kolhapure-Belgavn-Goa (I opted this route as hotel is in South goa)
We greeted with "Tilak" and very hassle-less entry, We have been escorted to room, Since i reached @ 2 PM, immediately we went to Lunch, It was good (Not much options although)
Room was clean , not so species, no sit out (some rooms have, I don;t know the category of those rooms) May be I am discounted member , they given me the low profile room.
Any ways , Good room, with LCD tv with poor quality channels.
In the evening I realized that my WC tap is not working, I tried to all the numbers from the room , nobody picked up, Then I went to reception and complained the same, Housekeeping gye came at 10 PM in the night and said, will repair it tomorrow. OK,,,,
But they never repaired it till I left the hotel (In spite of reminding more than 5 times).
Hot water is problem in the room, it takes 20 min to get warm water in the room.
AC takes some time to start (I complained the same but nobody even turned up to check)
They replaced Tea/coffee bags and kept less quantity (only 1 coffee pouch)
So... Over all ambiance and surroundings are nice, but they need to improve upon the service part, There is excess staff I guess (Most staff keep wondering here and there)
So I will rate 4 out of 5 for ambiance and 1 out of 5 for service.

Room Tip: Rooms with seat out may be better, be aggressive for service,
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your sincere comments. This will help us to move further to achieve perfection. in regards to the AC taking a little while to start, its because they are linked to stabilizer. This is a must in Goa due to heavy power fluctuation.
Of your WC tap not working, we are extremely sorry for this mishap. Generally this is not the case.
All the same do visit us again & we assure to make you feel proud.
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was at the Roya Orchid Resort and Spa during the extended weekend of Dushhera in )ct 2011. All in all I found the place to be a good one with a value for money experience. The welcome drink was served as promised on arrival. We were then taken to our rooms which was a nice walk along the pool. Although the exterior portion of the rooms is not that great, the interiors are pretty good. We had done a booking and were allocated club rooms which were relatively smaller but very neat. One room was pool facing while the other had a small garden behind it. The restaurant is pretty ok in terms of the food. The service though I must say is very prompt and quick. The prawns were rather spicy and so was the fish curry (the fish curry was very authentic though I must say). Alcohol being cheap in Goa generally, was also very reasonably priced. The pool bar is one of the good highlights I must say. Good music, beer and snacks to go along with the well laid out pool was certainly a good experience. The beach is though not owned by the resort is very neat and well kept. All in all I would rate this place at 3.75/5.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms closer to the pool. They are much better in terms of the location. The first floor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ROBRS_GOA, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
It gives us great pleasure & honor to hear your feelings of your stay with us. We also appreciate the way you have detailed it with all the fine points. Yes the exterior did need some attention, due to the heavy monsoons. But now that too has been taken care off. We also have a good load off entertainment every evening. Do visit us again. Thank you .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utorda
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort
The Leela Goa
The Leela Goa
#1 of 10 in Cavelossim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,149 reviews

Been to Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa? Share your experiences!