“Majestic - Is it?”
Review of Neo Majestic

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Porvorim
Neo Majestic
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Porvorim
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Majestic - Is it?”
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Located on road connecting Panjim to porvorim, its a place for business meeting more than a vacation ... Far from beaches of goa, the hotel is set up well but not the first choice as far as goa is concerned ...

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank ralphism

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
ldh
Reviewed February 23, 2009

i was there for my honeymoon,taxi was there at airport for us and we were even welcomed nicely by staff with drinks,i got everything there except some punjabi food which made our trip difficult. Rooms were good and clean but during our stay some people had problem in their room due to bad odour ,so they changed their room. Otherwise everything was ok. We were very comfortable during the stay but the tour plan should be extended a bit so that people could know a bit more about goa and its beauty.overall it was a nice trip to goa.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zxtencan
New Delhi
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I stay at the Majestic in Feb 2008 for my Honeymoon. The stay was simply amazing. On reaching Goa, the car was already waiting for the Pickup. The driver was so professional and nice person. On reaching hotel, the Staff welcomed us with smile and the welcome drink. Rooms were clean and everything was in place. The room had all the things which were promised (TV, Refigrator, Tea/Coffee Maker). The swiming pool was clean. The service was really good and fast. We went for outing almost all the days of our stay and when we come back, we always find the room cleaned up and the toiletries, towels were replaced with fresh ones. The best thing is their restaurant. The food was simply amazing. The restaurant staff was so polite. There is nothing to complaint about this hotel. Its bit away from City (around 4 KMs) which is nice for the people going for honeymoon as the location is nice (quite and peacefull)

• Liked — Rooms and restaurant
  • Disliked — Travel Desk
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GautamChawla9
New York
Reviewed March 12, 2008

I would not recommend anyone having the experience I did at that hotel. Its the worst hotel in the world.
It is NOT a 5 Star, nor is it even a 2 Star hotel. Its pretty bad. The rooms are fairly clean, and the restaurant is decent, but do not expect anything nice. The bathroom was dirty.
The staff is horrible. I have never encountered a worse staff in my life. The pool was closed due to repair, and no one warned me about it prior to booking, though i spoke to the manager myself to book my reservation
***I was talking to a manager of the hotel, and we had some disagreement...he called for the security guards, who started pushing me, taking my bag away from me, and one of them was about to punch me.
As this was happening, the Majesty (Mayor/Judge) of Goa was driving by (randomly) and saw this happening. He yelled at the manager and the owner of the hotel for treating their customers the way they were treating me, he made them refund me the WHOLE sum for the night of stay and room service (so i left with cash in my pocket) and he threatened to close down the hotel as he said this is not the first time it happened. All i know that he was very angry and yelling at the owner and manager for lying to me and threatening. It all ended well for me, but it definitely scared my trip to Goa. I would never, not in a lifetime stay there or recommend anyone else to stay there, even if its free!***

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank vkogan
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed September 24, 2007

We were sponsored by our company to attend a conference for three day at this hotel.

Good points first.
a. The food was good.
b. Restaurant staff cordial and attentive.
c. Tea/coffee maker in the room but the room service poor.

Unhappy moments
a. Front office staff was really unprofessional for the standards the hotel claims. On the website they say it is a 5 star. But there was nothing of 5 star standards.
b. At the time of check-in the reception staff only taking care of the luggage to the carried to the rooms. NO Bell desk staff.
c. Conference was held in the hotel BAR. The organiser states that the hotel never informed the venue and before booking otherwise they would have never held the conference at this hotel.
d. Complimentary airport pickup and drop confirmed by the hotel to organiser. On enquiry at reception - same is available on cash payment basis. Who pockets this money.....do not know

• Liked — Beach resort or a downtown hotel
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank travelinindia
rome,italy
Reviewed November 11, 2006

I stayed in the majestic hotel in Goa with my Italian friend in the month of november 2005. Please don't go there who wants to visit Goa. Its latleast 4 km away from the city, they will get u taxi ,which has a fixed cost, more than normal price.
The receptionists were not friendly at all, there were no travel desk, so we didn't get any information about the trip to the goan beaches which was included in our 2 days packages. To get back to the airport they do a collective transfer daily at 11.30am, so even if u have free transfer nothing to do ,if ur flight is in the afternoon get a taxi in ur own money.
. The pool was closed. In the first evening there were a private party in the pool side, a lot of people coming and going, with a music in the loud voice till at 2 o'clock of the morning.
This is considered as a 5 star hotel, more than 100 euros for a night this was a very bad stay...the hotel is road side and no way for a little walking!!
Anyway nice food and nice restaurent staff.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — services
  • Tips/Secrets — don't go there, no value for money.
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled with friends
2 Thank teresia33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porvorim
Vivanta by Taj - Panaji
#13 of 47 in Panjim
Ginger Goa
Ginger Goa
#9 of 47 in Panjim

Been to Neo Majestic? Share your experiences!