I would like to share my bad experiences regarding this hotel & they are as follows:
1. Hotel room services in not up to the mark.
e.g. If you want something you have to talk to reception, reception person tells you to contact room service person, then room service person tells you to contact house keeping. Then house keeping persons will comes to you after 15 minutes oh ! don't forget to remind the reception otherwise it will take 10 minutes more.
Conclusion: Why the reception person are so active (Smart) that they directly co ordinate with House keeping guy & send to your room immediately - But it should not happen. they are lazy.
2. If you ask any helps, you will get defiantly helps but the helps including hotel commissions.
E.g. <1> I asked the reception person to help me to hire activa for only one night. They told me INR 400 per night although I arranged by my self 275 INR for 24 hours.
<2> I asked reception fallow to help me to call taxi from Hotel to Madgaon railway station, the reception guy contacts his party & reply me its INR 1100 although I arranged by my self for INR 400.
Conclusion : Terrible helps (response).
3. Breakfast is not up to the mark.
E,g. Every dal includes so many water, no taste for egg bhurji, Poha was not good. Most things they badly need tea makers for morning breakfast.
4. They are written in their web page that parking facility is available.
But it is 100% false. They 3rd class morning security guards tells you to dont park near hotel you have to find your parking space by own.
Now Good things for this hotels.
1. Everyday Morning house keeping guys (Some sr. staffs) are good.
2. Locker systems is excellent.
3. News paper facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orion is a 4 star business class hotel in the heart of Alto Porvorim, Goa. Conveniently located on NH-17 and close to the Assembly complex and Secretariat, Orion is the ideal destination for a business traveler. Orion is the ideal destination for a business traveler. Only 3kms from Panjim and 8kms from Calangute beach, it is even best suited for the leisure tourist. Exquisite interiors, impeccable service, fine cuisine and contemporary technology come together to create an experience that is both grand and intimate, making Orion the brightest star hotel in its class. The 42 rooms comprising of 24 Executive, 16 Deluxe rooms and 2 Elite Suites are not only roomy, but also far removed from the mundane. Hotpot, a multi cuisine restaurant, caters to the diverse palates of guests coming from different parts of the world; famous for the sumptuous variety of dishes made from the master chef's secret recipes. A well equipped bar in hotpot calls for a bit of indulgence and allows one to wind down in the night. Galactica-Crucial meetings. Cheerful Gatherings. A banquet hall, a conference room,a convention center,a meeting area.Galactica is all of that and more. Fully equipped with state of the art facilities like sound system and video conferencing and with a capacity to house 135people at once, Galactica offers both the freedom and space to conduct critical business meetings or cheerful social soirees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Orion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orion Hotel Goa/Porvorim