Mourne Wood B & B
$125
Travelocity
$112
$101
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Four of us stayed at Mourne Wood for the Fiddlers Green festival, really beautiful clean with a charming owner Siobhan.
The breakfasts were wonderful, all the extras were appreciated, the cake and tea on arrival, cakes all through the week, made by her daughter, and the knowledge of the local area was so lovingly given.
We will return, and recommend it to any visitors
It's like a home from home, well done and thank you to Siobhan and family, and a lovely walk into the villiage!

Room Tip: All good! Could not get ant better, not bothered by noise in this quiet area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bernadette C
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

What a delightful surprise to hear from my guests from Oz. I'm sure that you're glad to be back home after your extensive travels.
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and managed to take in so many of the events of our Fiddlers Green festival.
My daughter has asked me to tell you that it was a pleasure to bake for such appreciative guests. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Rostrevor soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed for a night and loved it. The breakfast was great with an amazing selection of food with pancakes, salad,cereals and the fry was amazing.The rooms were excellent and we loved the new ensuite. Siobhan is an excellent hostess and catered for everything we asked for.Extremely close to Rostrevor mountain bike park.Mountain biking magazines,leaflets etc were set out for us when we arrived and we were allowed to keep our bikes locked up in the garage out of harms way. We will all be back without a doubt and are already planning our next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate you having taken the time and trouble to post a review.
We now have the new TV installed so everything is ready to welcome you on your return.
I look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently stayed at Mourne Wood B&B for 3 nights, as I was visiting Rostrevor for a wedding. I shared a double room with a friend who was also a wedding guest. The room had two comfortable double beds, and an en suite bathroom featuring a really decent walk-in shower. We just felt really welcome, and Siobhan is warm, friendly, and very helpful. We forgot to request a later breakfast the day after the wedding, and so slept through it, but Siobhan offered to make us some anyway, when we finally stumbled out of bed. Fantastic service! The food is top quality and perfectly prepared. There is plenty of choice, and portions are very generous! Special dietary requirements are also accommodated, no problem. The house is situated a 10-15 minute walk from town centre, which offers nice walks through park land, along the beach, or for the more adventurous, up the surrounding hills. The views from the hill tops are stunning!
Rostrevor is a lovely place, and I would definitely recommend Mourne Wood as a base for anyone who is visiting.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Viking Invader,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay here in Mourne Wood B&B.
I hope that you will be the first of a wave of new Viking Visitors that we will be delighted to welcome to Rostrevor.
Both you and your ancestors discovered that Rostrevor is a lovely place and as it is nestled in the foothills of the Mournes on the shores of Carlinn's Fjord (Carlingford Lough), we hope that you will feel right at home.
I look forward to your next visit !

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, having just arrived home today I wanted to review this B&B straight away. My family & I were blown away with our hosts hospitality, the extra touches to ensure we had a relaxing time were not what you would expect from even from 5 star hotels. Our breakfast was fabulous, fresh eggs from the family farm and not to mention the fresh breads and different fruit salads each day. We received extensive advice on the area and lots of ideas on what to do during our visit. I feel that Mourne Wood really offers a very unique stay in one of the most beautiful places to visit in Northern Ireland and we will definitely stay again soon I hope! Thank you so much for your kindness and making our weekend so memorable!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back had great view of Kilbroney forest.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tanya M
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
Rostrevor is a very special place and it is my pleasure to share it with my guests.
It was very kind of you to leave the little outdoor candles and they look lovely on the garden tables.
I look forward to welcoming you all back soon, particularly as guests who sort out my wi-fi are to be treasured !!

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at mourne wood because my family were camping at the fabulous kilbroney camping park. I booked a single room which was a delightful spacious most comfortable double bed, plush robes, tea coffee making facilities and mineral water in room. The host is extremley pleasant and welcoming and not only was she totally knowledgeable of the local area she was warm, funny and charming. And that does not even mention the outstanding breakfast with a stunning fruit salad and an excellent choice of luxury healthy choices and the traditional and beautifully cooked breakfast. My fellow guests were both competing in the recent mourne ultra marathon one of whom was the winner and i know this b&b would suit the outdoor/sporty types who would adore the spectacular region, as well as the older guest looking for a peaceful and relaxing base to explore. The b&b is a 10 walk into both the centre if rostrevor and kilbroney forest park. I would highly recommend staying in mourne wood in this very beautiful part of county down.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Traveller100Dublin
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again... I really appreciate you having taken the time and trouble to post a review and for being so complimentary and also to have taken the trouble to post my key back. ( It arrived safely thank you very much)
Hopefully we'll see you again soon