“Please don't stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tante Pietje

Hotel Tante Pietje
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Uden
Hotel Tante Pietje
You added Hotel Tante Pietje to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Uden
Reading, England
“Please don't stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I checked into this hotel as a nearby hotel didn't receive confirmation of my booking. The young man that checked me in was very friendly and helpful. I was told that for my 2 night stay I would have to change rooms.

The first room was clean and rather large, it had a little kitchenette area and the bathroom was nice.

The second night I had to change rooms to a smaller, cheaper one as the first room was booked. This was probably the worst hotel room I'd ever seen, I couldn't help but laugh at the burn marks on the floor and the awful decor. I lifted up the pillow and there was a yellow stain on the sheet - come on hotels, if you have white sheets and you can't get a stain out then but it in the bin... I had to sleep at the other end of the bed..

There was a kettle BUT the only plug I could use was the connected to the light for the room and was very high up so, to use the kettle I had to hold it in the air whilst it boiled....

The breakfast was reasonably priced at €6, I walked down and there was a fairly older lady who was very rude. No ''good morning'', just '' what is your room number'' in a dragony tone... you wonder why people choose to be in the services industry when their faces don't allow for smiling... if you like rolls and cheese then this is the breakfast for you. If you want anything else - you lose.

Anyway... if you don't care about good service, clean rooms then you should stay here.

p.s the stairs in the guest house are lethal - be careful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
      Location
2 Thank bucklebilly

Couples
Bialystok, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel one night only but I can say that it was nice and clean. Its located in an old building and rooms are ustairs. You have to use a narrow corridor but than when you get upstairs there is a small terrace where you can sit and relax for a while. From teh room I mostly remebered lovely old fashion wooden wardrobe. Downstairs there is a restaurant, where I had only breakfast and I can say it was ok. I liked a lot the interior design. Servis was nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
Uden, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

The hotel is very dirty. We stayed in a family unit as we were moving from living in the Netherlands and on the way back to the United States. Upon entering hotel family quarters we found the hotel was dusty and had cobwebs and spiders all over the place. Not only that there were only 2 towels for 4 people. Immediately went to my workplace and got a vacuum and furniture polish and vacuumed the whole place and then wiped down all the dust from the furniture. Did not even want to touch the kitchen cabinets as they were full of grease and felt like if you put your fingers on them you might not get them back. Stayed a whole week and never had the room cleaned nor sheets and towels replaced. Cleaned room myself and took sheets to work in order to wash them. If I could give this place no stars I would honestly as it is horrible. Please dont stay here at all. I think the only thing which is good is a room from the kitchen that goes nowhere (I called it the Dungeon) which I used to scare my kids if they acted up way past the point which it was enough. Pictures are deceiving and as well as the words which describes the family rooms. Once again stay away and find another place unless you feel like cleaning your own hotel room and acting like one of the staff!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank USAF_ROB

Travelers are raving about these Uden hotels