“Beyond the old facade, food is still good”
Review of Diamond Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Diamond Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Butwal
Cuisines: Nepali
Description: The most accessible restaurant from the main commercial district. I have searched the web but the best that could be found is in Wikimapia. The restaurant is a 3-storey building that is in the shadow of its former glory but still serves good food in this growing city.
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I have visited Butwal at a time when the city is getting a major road facelift and dusty days peppered my nearly 2-week stay. Near the Traffic Chowk is a 4-storey building housing this restaurant. From the outside, some windows are cracked and broken. A front desk at the grond floor directs you to the upper floors. The second floor provides typical Nepali seating on carpetted floor. The third floor appeals more to foreigners with wood tables/chairs. It looks old and empty at times.

But the big surprise is their food. Typical mix of Nepali and Indian cuisine, they satisfy the pallate. I particularly like their version of fried chicken with local spices. Biryani rice and masalas are very tasty. Of course, always order bottled water and forgo the soft drinks (cans are not available). I have dined here a few times with my friends - really my adopted family in Nepal - and even now, I am looking forward to eat here again on my next trip. Diners should take note of the load shedding schedule for planned visits to this restaurant. I prefer lunch over dinner here. The waiters who served us were very attentive. One toilet is available on each floor.

As the saying goes, do not judge a book by its cover. The building may look quite neglected but the food is still good..

2  Thank TennVee