I stayed for our honeymoon in Bandos for 8 days then went to another island for another 8 days. I have been to places like Tahiti and other tropical places and have stayed in 1 star to 5 star places so I have had a range of places to compare against.
Bandos: The reason we booked here is for the snorkeling and price. We saw the reviews of snorkeling and that so we decided to stay here.
Food: I would recommend half board. We did this and it was the best option. The buffet gets a bit tiring for both breakfast and dinner. We bought our lunches at Seabreeze Cafe and it is good value. Food is very good at the Cafe. Service at the Buffet and the Cafe is a bit slow but we found that as we are a young couple we get that everywhere so we are kind of use to it by now.
Room: Room was very clean and had no problems with the beds.
Snorkeling: It was great probably second best I have been to: Australia, Tahiti, Thailand, Laos, Mexico and more places like that. We saw sharks (would have been scared but had them in Tahiti as well.) Your first time swimming with them will be a bit scary. We saw lots of different fish, we saw a few eels, saw a turtle, and we even saw an octopus hiding in the rocks.
Excursions: We went on the Dolphin cruise and the snorkeling tour. The snorkeling tour was no where as good as the resorts snorkeling which we did everyday. We saw less stuff but thought it was good value so we went on it.
Dolphin cruise: It was very neat to see the dolphins swimming along side the boat and jumping and playing with other dolphins in the wild. Very worth it and got great pictures from it.
Overall the resort was good they even arranged our time for transfer to the airport then to the other resort which our travel agent should have done but didnt. Had a bad experience with Monarch Travel...
Any questions feel free to ask our you can see what I wrote about the other island we went to as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives