There were many positives about the Bandos Resort. I was pleasantly surprised in many ways.
The rooms are not fancy but were good, clean and spacious for my family of 4. The food was better than I was expecting. There was a good variety and quality and we had a very nice Thai buffet in the Thai restaurant. I thought the beaches were great. They are small but span most of the circumference of the island. The reefs and snorkelling were really top notch. Watching reef sharks just beyond the reef was a real thrill and the variety of fish you can see while snorkelling was amazing. The gym is small, but well equipped with newer equipment. My sons loved the games centre which included badminton, ping pong, pool etc. The pool was also quite small but very nice. It is a beautiful pool and very , clean, beautiful and relaxing. The spa offers a short free massage but I extended that into a long massage that was excellent. I read some reviews before we went that complained about the staff but we found them to be wonderful all the way around. There was also a very good singer on one of the nights we were there. The fact that it is so close to the airport is a big plus. My family also loved being on the huge deck at the Sundowner Bar where we watched the spectacular sunset every night.
There were a couple of things that were not necessarily negatives but things people should be aware of. It was a fair walk from our rooms to anywhere. At first I found this frustrating but as I relaxed more, I appreciated the leisurely walks which also helped work off the huge meals. The resort is very reasonably priced so where they make their money is on extra charges. For example, you had to pay $5 for 'extra' bottles of water and drinks were expensive if you were not on the comprehensive plan. I thought the cultural show was a little lacking.
All in all, my family had a great time and it was a great value for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives