We booked this resort as we learnt that the house reef was easily accessible from the beaches, this was true. Also the transfer was very simple and quick from the airport. We stayed for a week and that was an excellent length of time.
The De luxe room was very nice indeed, spacious and comfortable with an enormous bathroom! The beaches were fabulous , plenty of loungers so you never had to hunt for a place to park up for the day.
The food in the buffet inclusive restaurant was very varied and of good quality. We thought the service was good, we didn't see any indifferent behaviour from the Maldivian waiters.
I had a massage at the Spa which was expensive compared with English prices, but what I would expect from the Maldives! The treatment was excellent and the masseuse caring and professional.
The swimming pool was clean and again plenty of seating around the edge.lots of parasols.
The men in the Dive shop were very helpful when my snorkel played up due to the wrong fitting.
All the staff we felt were friendly and wanting to help us.
The half day snorkelling trip was extremely good and at 35 US dollars the best value of. All the trips!
The drinks were expensive, but we were expecting that and budgeted accordingly.
I find some of the criticism a little harsh, especially regarding the Maldivian workers. We were also not troubled by noisy guests.
The coral wasn't the brightest we have seen , a problem throughout the resorts I think, but the fish were fabulous.
There is no need to spend money on expensive meals on tHe other restaurants on the island, the inclusive is quite good enough. If you check up on timing you can take advantage of happy hour in the Sand Bar. Coffees and teas a free throughout the resort.
I can't agree with some of the negative comments posted, we had a great time for the week we stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives