The Maldives is a stunning place, no one can deny that. Bandos has some stunning beaches and views but unfortunately just lacks what other Maldive Islands offer. The food is decent but served in a restaurant with the ambiance of a work canteen, also 2 out of the 3 nights we were there we were left walking around looking for a clean table that was made up, the staff were certainly not in any hurry to clear used tables. Bandos is close to the airport and can appear to be a cheaper option for the Maldives but it is a long way from luxury, you are never made to feel overly welcome or special and the place is large, not romantic or exclusive more of a holiday camp feel. My family were on a full board basis but be warned, this does NOT even include table water. The waiter asked if we'd like some water (Coca Cola-Bon Aqua, so we are not talking Evian) and an orange juice with our meal, though he didn't prompt us that for the pleasure of such we'd be paying around $25, underhand and a rip off considering we'd paid over $500 a night for myself, my Wife and an infant.
We'll be back in the Maldives next year but we'll not be back in Bandos again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives