We've travelled to the Maldives a few times and as we were taking our 2 young children for the first time decided to give Bandos a try in view of its location close to Male. Transfer from the airport was relatively painless with a 30 minute speedboat ride. The island itself is relatively large with a cosmopolitan feel. We stayed on B&B and were glad as it offered greater flexibility in choices of restaurant. The galley restaurant is really like a canteen with buffet offerings. The discount of eating at other restaurants if you are on HB or all inclusive is really meagre. We mainly ate at Seabreeze or the new Thai restaurant both of which are reasonable.
Prices here are very expensive. Unlike other resorts I have been to you get the feeling that you are being fleeced for anything and everything. We bought our own snorkelling equipment/life jackets as hiring them from the hotel would have been expensive. The main redeeming feature for this resort is the excellent house reef. There are paths cleared from near the Sundowners bar making it easier to swim to the deeper waters without the fear of cutting yourself on shallow areas of coral.
We asked for a later check out on our day of departure as our flight was not until the evening. Unfortunately, we were originally told this might be possible by speaking to the duty manager but asked to come back several times. On the day prior to our departure we were categorically told we would have to vacate our room by 12pm. Having seen visitors in our neighbouring room clear out by 12pm and the room not used for several days it really left us feeling that this resort has little interest in the finer details.
We will not be returning as there really are better resorts out there in the Maldives in my opinion with superior customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives