“Good Tune's standard but super noisy!!!!”
Review of 101 Hotel Bintulu

101 Hotel Bintulu
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Bintulu
Reviewed December 17, 2013

As a regular tune hotel customer, i know what I am expecting from tune hotel, a clean and quite room. I had no problem for the cleanliness of tune hotel bintulu. It's a new hotel, everything looks sparkling clean. Room, as usual , simple but nicely decorated , bed was comfortable as other tune hotel, room size is bigger compare to Tune Penang, similar to tune Kota bahru or Ipoh. But my biggest problem was the noise! I had a single room, directly above a pub named Terminal Lounge. These pub started to make noise around 8pm, and they continue their shouting karaokie session until 3AM! Right after my complaint to the reception. When I went down to the reception to complaint, there were three staffs at the reception and few security guards around, but no one seems bothered by the noise except me. I guess they had used to daily noise. But after my complaint the receptions did instruct the guards to stop the karaokie session of the pub, and the pub closed 15 minutes after my complaint . My question to Tune hotel bintulu, why they allow a pub to operate within their compound and what they can operate soooooo late until early morning? Honestly this is my worst stayed at Tune hotel chain, and I did lost some faith on tune hotel.

Room Tip: Do take the room close to Terminal lounge, you will regret for the rest of your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cheongzai
tuneh0tels, Manager at 101 Hotel Bintulu, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for the review. We wish to clarify that we do not own Terminal Lounge, however we apologize for the inconveniences. This is purely isolated and we do not usually receive complaints about the karaoke noises but this time around it was due to the celebration of the festivities. We hope to have you stay with us once again and enjoy a better experience. Rgds ( Sharon De Silva - Manager)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I've stayed at a couple of Tune Hotels and was impressed with this hotel facilities. The hotel was conveniently located within the food centre and there were 2 shopping outlet, Sing Kwong and Farley about 0.5km. The only disappointment was that we have to wait a little longer to checkin as one of the rooms was not ready although we arrived around 5pm. The reason given was that the floor was wet but they should have known that the rooms were already pre-booked in advance and should be everready when guests check-in. Luckily, we have another 2 rooms ready and I stayed in the room for at least half hour before I went down to check whether it be available to check-in. All in all service was good and the place was clean and staff were attentive to our requests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, Thanks for the review. We deliver nothing less than the best. Glad we lived tp what we have promised to deliver. Thank you for your time. Rgds- Sharon ( Manager)

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Overall cleanliness was superb! location was strategically located within the food centre. Its just that sometimes the room was not ready on-time as per promised during check-in. We have to wait atleast an hour for the room to get ready even at 5pm. Lucky there's Ipoh Town coffee shop nearby to kill the waiting period. We stayed here couples of times. Late room delivery is the only issue. Staff are good.

Room Tip: Buy a complete package from the web to ease your process at the desk.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
tuneh0tels, Manager at 101 Hotel Bintulu, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the appraisal on our hotel and staff.

Housekeeping is scheduled from 10am -6pm daily. Rooms are only open for check in from 2pm onwards. I'm sorry for the delays during check in.

We have always endeavoured to provide the best within the limited service concept. We hope your return stay would be much pleasant experience.

Thank you for dropping us a feedback.

Rgds,
Sharon De Silva - Customer Care Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was the second stay in the Tune Hotel Bintulu and it was even better then the first stay, because of the fridge in my Room, i guess not all rooms got one and the ergonomic chair was nice too. The Rooms in the Back are more quite and got a nice view but if, like me cannot stand aircon, they heat up more. Good staff too! One small Problem is that the Doors are very loud when they close and that could affect your sleep because guests are going and coming very late or early. But anyhow straight 5 stars from me! Marian Christopher!

Room Tip: Some corner Rooms are more spacious! Backside Rooms have a better few and are more quite
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marian C
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This review is a little late; stayed in June 2013. I stayed for almost two months and was really impressed with this hotel. Firstly, the service was really good; the staff are friendly and will try to help you as much as they can. Since I was staying long term, I had a standard room with all the amenities including aircon, wifi, tv with satellite channels, safe, towels and shower kit. I also had a fridge and kettle. The room was clean and comfortable, and a lot bigger than what I expected! I think they have rooms with the largest space compared to other Tune Hotels.

It is well located with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. A well-stocked convenience store is located next to the lobby and a supermarket is only a 5 min walk away. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the review.

Our location is normally a strong positive for our guests. As a limited-service hotel brand we focus on high quality basics, great beds and hot showers, housed within a clean and secure environment, always located centrally, all at extremely affordable prices.

Happy to know how we have met your requirements perfectly. Thanks for this review, It's a pleasure to welcome you always.

Warm Regards,
De Silva- Customer Care Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was checking out this morning after 5D4N stay at here. Everything was so great and out of expectations. The staffs were friendly and smiled most of the time. Room was so comfortable, toilet was very clean, nice bed and so forth. All the services were gorgeous! And I felt like I was staying at my home. Thumb up. Also, Tune Hotel Bintulu is a strategy place whereby there are quite a number of restaurants around it. And the convenience shop is just beside to it. Not forget to mention that the bus terminal is just located opposite to this commercial centre. Lastly, it offered a much cheaper price than other hotels! Why on Earth do I need to pay more when I can choose Tune Hotel which offers high standard services and much cheaper price? I will surely stay at this hotel if I visit to Bintulu next time. ;)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the review.

We have always endeavored to provide the best within the limited service concept, happy to know you have come to agree with us on that.

We are happy when guests' are.

See you soon.

Rgds,
Sharon De Silva - Customer Care Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm check in 10 Oct and check out 12 Oct 2013. Upon arrival, my room was prepared by the receptionist as per my online booking such as towel and shower kits. I can feel the warm welcoming by saw their smily faces.

The lobby is spacious and equip with 2 set of electronic massage chair. I'm been given a single room at level 1. At the beginning, I plan to stay only one night and plan to search other hotel for my second night, but after experience the cozy first night stay in the room, I fall in love and decided to stay another one night. To book the second night stay is so simple with online booking at www.tunehotel.com.my.

The single bed room is smaller than double bed room as expected, but the cleanliness and furniture arrangement make me feel the room is just nice for a single person came for business trip like me. The room equip with freezer (mini bar) with the safety box and agronomic chair (Ion - upon request).

The hotel management understand on the need and requirement of the muslim customer by preparing the prayer direction "kiblat" which really amaze me. The toilet was very clean and complete with the basic necessity tools.

The hotel location at the middle of Bintulu business centre make it more accessible and become key selling point for customer choice because it so easy to get all the daily foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thanks to the room service for the excellent job by cleaning and arranging my room for the second night. I don't expect they will rearrange and change my bed linens.

In conclusion, they delivered the services as per their tag line "Stay at 5 star beds at 1 star prices" and always go beyond customer expectation. They deserved to get certificate of excellence winner and traveller choice 2013 from TripAdvisor. Keep it up!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank visitoradvise
tuneh0tels, Manager at 101 Hotel Bintulu, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the appraisal on our hotel and staff.

It's rewarding to have guests return with great feedback like yours, and we are happy to have made your stay and a warmly memorable experience.

Once again, thanks for this review, It's a pleasure to welcome you always.

Warm Regards,