“Worderful Hotel for business” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atellet Hotell

Atellet Hotell
Ranked #1 of 6 Norrtalje B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“Worderful Hotel for business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel, in a little city like norrtalje, with very nice rooms and the hotel staff very nice and caring. I went in norttaje for a business meeting and i used also meeting room and restaurant, all is very awesome!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. Very nice rooms with Nautical theme, Very clean. Room was a little bit cold as I stayed during the winter. Bathrobe available on request. Buffet breakfast was a little disappointing. My only downside is the Reception desk is never open. I had to wait a little while to be seen. Receptionist was in restaurant and continued to talk with friends whilst I waited to check-in!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Västerlanda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

When we arrived at Åtellet we were greeted by an empty reception desk. The combined reception/restaurant solution (maybe it's a summer arrangement, not sure about that) maybe worked out better in theory than in real life... :-) After a while, a lady appeared and told us to wait. We were the only guests present, both in the lobby and in the restaurant, and had some heavy luggage accompanying us. Still ignoring us, she tended to some paper work while we were standing, anxious to get to our room. After she had finished whatever paper work she was doing, we were given our key cards and directions to our room.

Upon entering the room, we were immediately struck by the high temperature. Turns out there's NO AIR CONDITION. This is not so very common in the Scandinavian countries anymore. It was a rather hot and humid summer night and the lack of proper circulation in the room put you in a drowsy, tiring state. When we tried to lower the curtains, they fell down (turned out they were not put up properly). We dined at the restaurant boat next door which was a genuine pleasure. It provided excellent food and atmosphere.

Breakfast next morning wasn't served until 8 AM and since we had a boat to catch from Kapellskär with check-in at 8.30, this was a bit on the late side. However, the buffet was ready at 7:45 AM and we were welcomed to dine a bit earlier. Check-out from the hotel was (once again) managed by the staff in the restaurant in the morning, where we (once again) were told to wait, while the staff kept talking among themselves. Once again, we were the only guests present at the time. Not so very service minded, I'll tell you that.

Having said this, I do think the hotel has potential. The service unfortunately left some to be desired, at least during our stay. The staff didn't feel present in their tasks, and the empty reception desk transmits an air of uncertainty that doesn't go well with the feeling of modern elegance that the rest of the reception area and restaurant entrance transmits. The rooms also need a proper air conditioning system. I also think that the breakfast hours could use adjusting, so that people on their way to early morning appointments still could enjoy a calm breakfast before leaving.

In its present state, Åtellet is overpriced for the rather ordinary services that it provides, but maybe a future renovation will do the trick?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Constant_Traveler_82
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Since my last review when I mentioned that even when you book you are left standing for a considerable amount of time before anyone will seat you. Well I can now update you. You no longer havee to wait even if you did not book. I was greeted as soon as I arrived, as I did not book all tables were taken. However I was offered a seat in the lounge, drinks were served without waiting and as soon as a table became available this was offered to me. What a great improvement and welcome. I still uggest it will be adviseale to book.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I had the pleasure to be entertained at atellet and would like to say that it was a pleasure to dine here. O a nice day you are able to dine on the veranda weith the stunning view of Norrtajeviken Bay. I visited the Restaurant aat lunch time and as it is the norm in Sweden you are offered the day menu unfortunatly choices on the lunchs menu are restricted. Having said that the food was excellent. I have just observation even so the table was booked onee has to stand in the doorway for some time before beeing seated.

Room Tip: As it is a very busy Restaurant I would advise you book
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed here for one night. The hotel decour which was charmingly "nautical" suits its surroundings, the canals of Norrtälje which lead out to the sea. Our room had a balcony so we could sit out and enjoy the view of the water. I think the hotel is fairly new so the room looked fresh and clean including the bathroom which had a shower with glass doors. We had a delicious dinner at their restaurant and all in all the waitresses and staff were very pleasant and nice. The only downside is their breakfast which was a bit of a disappointment. In Sweden, most hotels of this category have wonderful breakfast buffets included in the price but Åtellet´s was just your average standard one. Nothing to write home about. They could certainly do with a bit of "piffing up".

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of April. The hotel is quite new, having opened in 2009 and is very stylishly decorated as one would expect in Sweden. Being situated by the river near to the old town the location is very convenient for shops and restaurants and there are plenty of parking spaces available in front of the hotel. Our room, although small by English standards, was very comfortable and well equipped plus we had a balcony overlooking the river that was nice to sit out on when the sun was shining. There was a little traffic noise from the nearby bridge but nothing excessive.

The hotel Restaurant has a limited, fixed menu but the food is of a very high standard indeed. We ate there twice and enjoyed the food on both occasions. Both the cooking and presentation of the food was excellent. They also have a good wine list and the staff seemed to be very knowledgeable about the wines they have. The restaurant is also used for serving breakfast, which is a self-service buffet of typical Swedish food – and very good it is too.

There is also a riverside terrace at the back of the hotel where one can sit and enjoy a drink before dinner. I was told that it gets very busy in the summer but while we were there it was only open for one day when the weather turned really nice.

One of the most notable things about the hotel has to be the staff. They were all young, enthusiastic, efficient and, without exception, incredibly friendly but without being intrusive. We were given plenty of helpful advice about places to go and things to see and nothing ever seemed to be too much trouble. The Åtellet is not a cheap hotel to stay at but it’s well run, charming and very comfortable and I would certainly stay there again if I come back to Norrtälje.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norrtalje
Hotell Roslagen
Sven Fredriksson Bed & Breakfast
Marholmen
Marholmen
#32 of 97 in Stockholm County

Been to Atellet Hotell? Share your experiences!