Royal Nick Hotel
  • Pool
Jumia Travel
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsabove averagearound the cornerrooms are cleanfree wifiswimming poolgymmenuwaitersclassfoods
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food here is generally of good quality but the wait can be hit and miss.One evening I had to wait more than an hour between finishing my starter and receiving my main course, everyone else in the group had finished and left before mine was delivered and it wasn't busy. 2 hours for room service yesterday and it was only a cheeseburger. Workmen in adjoining rooms are too noisy for 6.00 AM, The bar keeps running out of beer (local). Trouble is, it's still the best option here.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty good quality.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Borosmac
RonaldStilting, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Borosmac,
thank you for your comments on our hotel which show us points of improvement.
It is certainly unacceptable that you had to wait long for your meal to arrive and at this point I can only sincerely apologize for what happened.
This should be a thing of the past as we have taken action within kitchen & service and are closely monitoring service times.
The problem with the local beer is similarly embarrassing but our supplier has let us down badly. We have changed supplier and increased our stocks in outlets and stores so it will not happen again. Internal communications and follow-up regarding missing items is also being improved.
Instructions to our security & maintenance department regarding avoiding noise before 7.30 AM have been renewed as it seems that a noisy contractor did not stick to the instructions during your stay.
Your comments have been very helpful and I hope you will return not just because "there is nothing better" but because you appreciate our service.
Looking forward to meet you during your next stay.
Kind regards

Ronald Stilting

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel twice and I must say I had a great time. There were a few hitches though but didnt make my stay less great.

Service is excellent. I totally enjoyed breakfast too. I was happy to notice on my second visit that you now have a high chair for kids.
Staff were not too friendly first time I was there but my impression changed on my next visit.
George- housekeeping was at his service best and so was George at the front desk. Ousman is also another pleasant lad and is the one who influenced my decision to stay because of his excellent sale of the hotel to me on the Telephone. Alberta was always full of welcoming smiles.
The odd one out at the front desk is Akosua. Overly 'professional' which turns out as very unfriendly and wouldn't even as much ask if you enjoyed your stay or offer help or ask how you are doing if she sights you in the lobby.
I even once overheard her telling a customer bluntly she didnt remember him. She obviously needs a customer service refresher.
Albert was exceptional and so is the tall friendly doorman.

Since there aren't any great hotels in tema Royal Nick does stand out tall.

P.S is the bath tub really the only difference between the deluxe and standard rooms?
Would be great if you placed some stationery and a tea service tray in the room for those of us who would enjoy a night cap.

Thanks royal nick.

Good job

• Stayed: April 2013
RonaldStilting, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Gbese,
thank you for your comments on our hotel which will help us to improve our product.
We are happy that you experienced a good service, since it is the most important factor for a pleasant stay. It is unfortunate that you experienced Akusua as "overly professional" as she is generally a smart and friendly person; my apologies. It will be addressed in the upcoming guest-care training.
Apart from the bathtub, all Deluxe Rooms have a balcony, a larger bathroom and are more spacious than the Standard Rooms.
We already have the kettles on site and will be fitting the rooms with the coffee-tea-maker soon. You'll find stationery in your room as well upon your next visit.
Looking forward meeting you in person on your next visit.
Kind regards

Ronald Stilting

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Decided to lodge at the Royal Nick hotel this time around due mainly to the excellent reviews it has received. Can't say i was very impressed though. Maybe my expectations were too high but the rooms were average and much more could be done to enhance their appearance. The elevator took forever to get to my floor and i actually had to take the stairs on subsequent occasions. Food service was not so bad. Did not try their pool though. Didnt look so inviting once i got closer to it.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Hamilton107
RonaldStilting, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Hamilton,
I appreciate your comments on our hotel, even though you are "not so impressed".
You are surely right that the elevator was slow, and I started using the stairs myself recently for the same reason. I am happy to say that we have just installed new switches today (really true, even if it sounds like an unbelievable coincidence) and both lifts work perfectly now.
We are in the process of giving the hotel final touches and are currently fitting the rooms with some African Art, so it will appeal to you upon your next visit.
I am sorry that the pool was "not inviting" to you, but it is new, in a technical perfect condition and popular with in-house guests and visitors.
Looking forward to meet you upon you next visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

With out a doubt the best hotel in Tema. Rooms are very good (clean, nice bed, TV and enough channels). Staff are friendly and will do their best to please you. I liked the food and you also get a nice breakfast. I have refused to stay in Marjory and have therefore stayed in Holiday In Accra, but hence forth I will stay in Royal Nick when I am in Tema. Thanks for a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am happy to move into this hotel from Kesdem Hotel in Tema, Comm.5 in just one day as I had serious problem at Kesdem.

The hotel staff is so nice and friendly, the rooms are spacious and has a class.

Food from Angela Restaurant is very good. I had my lunch with full desire.

Ambience of the lobby itself gives us a good feeling of being in a some class hotel.

Room Tip: Facing the pool side but on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business