“Bad experience”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Tema
Accra
“Bad experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We had a day off from our duty routine and the cab driver drove us to the AveMaria Helth & Wellness center in Tema.
On Arrival we observed that there was some extension being carried out on the future reception area.
We went thgoiugh to the pool / restautrant area. We were amazed that behind all the concrete works in front laid an awesome setting behind.
The view was breath taking,
Sadly the service was poor. It took forever to have our orders served. To make thngs worse, my oder was half done, and had t send it back to be done which took anoither 45 minutes.
Even worse, i came back with severe food poisoning that it took me 2 months to recover.
I have no idea who runs the place, but i would not recommend eating at the Avemaria Wellness Center. They ought to change the "Wellness" to "Sickness"
A very negative experience indeed. You eat there at your own risk.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank ahornado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York
Reviewed November 14, 2009

This hotel is by the sea and overlooks the harbor. The location was very serene. The staff was very friendly and the owner did everything to ensure that our stay was as comfortable as possible. The hotel gave us a truly home away from home experience. As is to be expected in Ghana, there were a few glitches with electricity but there is a generator that automatically kicks in should the power go off and we never had any problems. The rooms were always clean. We really enjoyed the pool that pulls in sea water from the ocean. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed November 14, 2009

i definitely think it's the sort of place you go to when you need to get away from it all. not sure, if same would apply for a business trip, but i did love how personalized the service was and the atmosphere is so serene.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Doha
Reviewed October 21, 2009

My stay at this so called hotel was truly awful. To begin with, there was no water available in the bathroom, upon my arrival, nor was there electricity in the room, which meant the AC was not working. Appreciating Ghana's climate meant that I spent a very uncomfortable night. However, due to my extremely long flight, Isimply fell asleep exhausted, and made my complaint the next day to the owner of the hotel, who to be honest, was blatantly rude and completely uninterested. In addition to this, I had booked the conference room in order to hold interviews, but as there was no AC in there also, I held my interviews in the hotel garden. Subsequently, I refused to pay as I had not used the room, but in the end I had to. My advice is, there are better hotels in Ghana: stay at one of them instead.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank skinnycowDoha

Travelers are raving about these Tema hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tema
Royal Nick Hotel
Labadi Beach Hotel
Labadi Beach Hotel
#1 of 92 in Accra
Best Western Plus Accra Beach Hotel

Been to Ave Maria Health & Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ave Maria Health & Wellness Resort

Property: Ave Maria Health & Wellness Resort
Address: Beach Road | Off - Tema Harbour Road, Tema, Ghana
Location: Ghana > Greater Accra > Tema
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Tema
Hotel Class:3 star — Ave Maria Health & Wellness Resort 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ave Maria Health & Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ave Maria Health & Wellness Hotel Tema