“Great end of the day food”

Izaak's Fresh Prepared Foods
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Craig
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Every flyfisherperson in the world must end up at Izaaks so make a reservation! Great food, great drinks, lots of local stuff.

I cannot imagine how it got the less than glowing reports I see, we have always had the best experiences here over the years.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were not impressed. The place has a good reputation, however our visit was less then on parr.
They were very short on staff, slow service because of that. A simple menu that should be a no brainer....
I ordered Chesse ravoli with "marinara sauce" It came, looked like a sea of thick red sauce from a can. Yes, there were raviloi's there under the sauce which could have been enough for three additional meals. The ravoli's were not quite cooked through all the way. They were hard and chewy. My husband had BBQ chicken, Very smoked flavor, lots of sauce. Not sure if they actually do any cooking there or buy frozen prepared foods and re heat them. We were not thrilled with this experience. We'd be hard pressed to eat dinner there again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Izaak's was recommended by the hostess of the B&B we were staying at. We arrived and were seated almost immediately. That's when things started going downhill. We waited over 30 minutes before I asked for service, it was though we were invisible. There were several tables that were seated well after us and were already eating their meals before we even gave our drink order. The service was satisfactory once we finally got it. The food is another thing...I can't remember what my husband had but I ordered the so called "baby back ribs". They were not baby back ribs, but rather St Louis ribs, and they were tough. The jicama slaw was less than exciting...the highlight of my dinner were the fries. This dinner was not worth our time or our money.

1  Thank PattyBurnette
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Be prepared to have an expensive meal if you go to Izaak's! Beware of the "special" if it's "two Walleye fillets". Ask them how the Walleye is prepared. This entree or special is actually "Fish and Chips" and costs $30. It comes with fries and about 1/2 cup of coleslaw. The fish is good, but I expected a nice meal for $30; not "Fish and Chips". The preparation was not explained by the waitress. We added a wedge salad to our dinner, which made the cost of Fish and Chips and a salad $35! When I tried to explain to the manager, that it would have been nice to have a description of the preparation, he was extremely defensive, rude, overbearing and obnoxious--in my face! He refused to listen to what I had to say, basically verbally attacked me. He said he's owned restaurants all over the country and Montanans are the toughest crowd to please. He complained about what he has to pay the staff. He went so far as to follow us out the door and make a rude comment to us on the porch as we were leaving! I agree whole heartedly with "troutbum2".....poor service and attitude!!

5  Thank C21Realtor4U
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good food, but a pretty hefty bill. They didn't have the ravioli which sounded really good after a long day of fishing, but the half baked chicken was quite tasty and well prepared. Decent selection of beers...