“Good guide service”

Tierra Zero Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Latacunga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tierra ero Topurs offer in Ecuador Tours to the Galapagos IslandsClimbing and Trekking in Ecuador Mountains, Cotopaxi Volcano, Chimborazo Expeditions, Cayambe Volcano, Ilinizas Rocks, Cuyabeno Jungle Ecuador Trips and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Throughout the whole process I received what was promised. Period! Guillermo was as helpful as needed. I would recommend that whatever your plans are that you have a clear understanding as to what is and what is not expected! In a lot of ways you get what you pay for. We had 1 good English speaking guide...Marcial who was GREAT. I would highly recommend him. Eloy was one of our High mountain guides. (Cayambe and Chimborazo) Once he understood what I needed he too was superb. Francisco was our other high Mtn guide. I really enjoyed him as a person...his English was not so good and his pace was....while HIS pace. At the top of Chimbo he untied from his client and did his own thing...Not what I would expect from a paid guided. They all did a great job route finding...That is what we wanted....but not much else. BTW make sure you bring your own food for the climb ...none was given thou food was to be provided!

There are newer reviews for Tierra Zero Tours

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went to Cotopaxi with Tierra Zero and was satisfied with the tour (I managed to reach the peak, also thanks to the good guide, Francisco), until my backpack got lost on the way back to Latacunga.
The guy who put my backpack on the top of the Jeep didn`t tie it. He just put a tire on it. On the Panamericana road the backpack fell down - other cars honked, so they noticed some hundred meters later, but when they looked for it, they couldn`t find it anymore. Of course, that`s not their fault, but they can`t just put a backpack on a car without tightening it!!

The worst part was, however, that the guy from the agency, Guillermo, didn`t admit that it was their fault. He said, that it was my responsibiliy, too. I should have checked it, too.. Well, normally it should be possible to trust an agency, that they can carry your stuff properly!!
Furthermore, he said, that it was stupid of me, that my passport and credit card were in the backpack, and that`s why he is not responsible for it. I was crying and discussing, until they finally gave me an old backpack from their equipment.. but I lost a lot of stuff, and they didn`t consider themselves as responsible for it!! That was a bad experience.

2  Thank Anna S
GuillermoLatacunga, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Tierra Zero Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2014

Anita, if you lost backpack is your responsibility, the Cotopaxi climb tour was very good, you get the summit, sorry for your backpack, but I provide one new backpack brand One Polar, not was old, you not need lie, I lost one new sleeping bag together your backpack, no is possible than one normal person bring the credit card and $ 200 for climb the Cotopaxi submit. Your review is not true
greetings
Guillermo by Tierra Zero Tours

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I booked with Tierra Zero by email and despite my multiple questions and requests, they were always polite and quick to respond.

I used them for mountain guide services. I climbed Cotopaxi and Chimborazo and the guides that work for them were absolutely top notch. On Cotopaxi, we were the first ones to summit that night, and despite bad weather and difficult conditions, we continued to the top where we were rewarded with a beautiful sunrise. I'd heard of many guides that want to continually turn back when there are small problems; not my guide. He wanted me to have a successful and memorable outing.

Everyone spoke good english, the excursions were well organized and the equipement lent to me excellent.

When I go back, it's a certainty that I will use them again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've choosen "Tierra Zero Tours" based on full competent answers on my e-mail questions.
I wanted to climb Cotopaxi and Chimborazo volcanos. I met the director of the firm Guillermo in Latacunga, very professional smart man. We discussed all the details of future ascents, I choosed and tried the equipment (which was reliable) and became acquainted with guide who spoke English well. The service was excellent: good car with driver, tasty food in the refuge, skilfull guide.
The ascent to Cotopaxi was successful even in bad weather (strong wind). I'm sure if the weather had been better I would have reached the top of Chimborazo with the guide.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was undecided as to which mountain I wanted to climb in Ecuador, I knew I wanted a slightly more technical challenge but wasnt sure which to choose. I emailed a number of companies, and tierra zero were the quickets at responding and gave the best advice finally reccomending illinzia norte as a warm up and then illinzia sur, as they are both access from the samerefugio. It was a great climb and the guides were very good. Also was the most reasonably priced company.