“I gave "mylady" a hug when I arrived...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casita Carolina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bacalar
Casita Carolina
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bacalar
Hamburg, Germany
“I gave "mylady" a hug when I arrived...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

What a wonderful place! The garden is beautiful and the pier where you can jump off and into the water is great. Although I stayed only one night (a shame but I had to go on) I really enjoyed my stay. Laguna Bacalar can be strange in the low season and at night there was only one place open for food but anyway. The room was so lovely decorated with little things and the bed was great as well.... GO THERE!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Hennack

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

If you want to visit Laguna Bacalar this might be the best place to stay. The village of Bacalar is very near by (for supermarket and breakfast), you can use kayaks of the hotel for free to explore the laguna. We stayed in the round palapa and its really great, its everything we wanted. Sometimes its a little difficult to reach Carolina (she seems to be very busy) for questions.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DaniHab
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

Casita Carolina's was our favorite place to stay in the Yucatan.
We originally booked for 1-2 nights but stayed for 3. Marsha was inn-keeping for Carolina when we were there and she couldn't have been any nicer, helpful or more welcoming. Its a beautiful setting, so peaceful, right on the laguna and a 2 min walk into town. We stayed in the blue house with a shared kitchen and living area which was perfect. We would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JenC75
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

From what I saw this was the best piece of property in terms of location and lodging on the lake. It is a budget place, but the beds were comfortable; the staff was nice and helpful; and I would stay there again if I ever come back to the lake. Lake Bacalar is a beautiful place to go visit.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank hmmoore
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed for one night on route to Calakmul and found it a great place for an overnight stop. It is only 150 yards down from the fort in the centre of the town. I arrived around lunch time and really enjoyed spending the afternoon doing nothing in the garden which stretches down to the lagoon. It also has a lovely walkway jutting out into the lagoon, very romantic as the sun goes down.

Carolina was a great host and she had some old friends staying and so she threw a party for them and guests were also invited which was a very nice touch.

It is a guest house not a hotel so the rooms are basic but homely and I had a good nights sleep although traffic started going past early to the local secondary school up the road.
There is no breakfast but fresh coffee was available and sitting on the porch watching the sun coming up, sipping coffee was a great start to the day before hitting the road.

The restaurants and cafes in the town are quite basic but I really enjoyed my brief stay and was made really welcome by Carolina who is a very interesting lady to talk to.

Personally I would rather stay in a small friendly place like this with a nice owner than a plusher hotel where you are just a nameless face but that is my preference which is why I tend to favour smaller cheaper guest houses.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Bluebirdfan
Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

Everything was great about this place!T
he rooms are clean and spacious with a fan and hot water.
The garden is amazing: it is situated by the laguna and they have a small landing place that goes in to the laguna. They have private parking.
Bacalar itself is very boring, but it's the perfect place to chill out for a day.
The don't serve breakfast, but their is a place where you can have it at 5 min walk.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EmmaBelgium
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

this place is the best we have stayed in Mexico.Have been travelling for 7 weeks and this is the best we have found. The rooms were very clean , the whole place is just relaxing and a what a great place to stay. Loads of local information and the location just on the Lagoon is fantastic.
We booked for 5 nights and will end up staying 12, need I say more. Keep it up guys. ps good prices too.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple