My husband and I needed a getaway for last Thursday-Saturday. This place was PARADISE! LOVE the excellent service, always with a wonderful positive attitude (smiling and being nice). All pretty affordable! A shootout for Isabel, who was always so very helpful and supportive! I had a massage, we had a yoga class and we did the 4 hour tour in the Lagoon, ALL world-class service. The food in the restaurant, delicious!
Only one recommendation, please please have available that guava marmalade. I REALLY wanted to bring some home!
For those interested in having some quiet time in a place in the tropics, THIS IS THE PLACE! No phone, no TV, just the sounds of nature! In my case, I am allergic to sodium so the beach is always a pain. Here I could finally stay with my swimwear on without having to RUN to a shower! So very romantic if you want to have some time with your partner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar