Lovely, helpfull staff, good food, free kayaking, best location just at the shore of the lake. We love this style of hotel with the little bungalows giving us a feeling of more privacy. One cabana (#4)was a bit smelly (from wastewater?), but maybe it was only unfortunate, because the first night there was no breeze, the second night was better. The location of the massage hut above the water is fantastic, but the massage was given by a completely untrained "massagetherapist". All in all we recommend the hotel and plan on stopping by on our way back to see more of the beautifull lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar