after some time in puerto moreles and Izamal we journeyed south to the enchanted ranch we were lucky to get a lakeside cabin and spent five relaxing days here . property and lake are both spectacular , the restaurant was good with many choices...breakfast was always our favorite. although the pastas were good to . our trip coincided with bacalar's carnavale down town ...parades carnivals and street food were great as well as the salsa bands that played till late at nite ..would reccomend reservations we saw many people turned away
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar